Chapter 29

So here's a small announcement :
I have named my beloved reader as CuTu (Q2). I know I don't have many reader but as much as I have, I love everyone with all my heart. So if you think you are a CuTu do comment in the section below❤️
.

.

.

"So how's Jungkook treating you ?"

Taehyung asked Sungmi.

Sungmi choked on her food , not being able to grasp what was going on Taehyung's mind. Immediately Taehyung brought a glass of water near her mouth, making sure she took a sip of water and rubbing her back to sooth her.

Jungkook felt kind of irritated seeing his hyung being caring at his fake wife. He didn't like the idea of seeing other men's hand on his wife even though he didn't like her.

After a moment of silence and Sungmi being able to talk again she uttered,

"Actually, he's a very nice person and caring. But he likes to keep himself to him...."

Sungmi said with a fake smile plastered on her face , begging the universe so that they wouldn't see through her lie.

Both of the guests bursted out with laughter, not being able to held themselves up. They laughed like there was no tomorrow. The only person who wasn't laughing was Sungmi who was bewildered by their laughter and Jungkook feeling more irritated than before.

"Cut the crap"

Jungkook said to monotonous tone as he munched on his food.

"You know what, it might sound rude but I'm telling you the truth.
Jungkook would never treat you better. Until or unless he breaks up with his girlfriend. "

"So yeah you don't have to lie to us, Sungmi. I know, in fact Jimin also knows that Jungkook treats you like shit and I'm apologising on behalf of him. "

Taehyung said with sincerity and bowed to Sungmi.

"I also apologise on behalf of Jungkook as well"

Jimin also joined with Taehyung and it seemed as if they were ashamed of their best friend. The person who was supposed to feel ashame had no headache and here his friends were ready to give their life.

Tears pricked in Sungmi's eyes at the sight of the two men bowing toward her. What if she was destined with one of them- a person with heart of gold who possessed manner of gentleman ? Maybe only then she wouldn't have to wait for her husband's arrival late at night to have dinner who wouldn't even pick her food.

Jungkook sat there, nothing coming out of his throat. He was feeling as uneasy as Sungmi felt at the sight of his friend bowing toward his wife for the crime they haven't even committed in first place.

"Please don't bow. It's not your fault guys. "

As soon as Sungmi exclaimed , the guys ended their bow.

"Trust me, I'm fine. I'm ok...
The fact that I have a roof above my head is the main thing. As long as I won't go homeless, I'm completely happy and fine. "

Sungmi reassured them with a warm smile. At the sight of her smile, Taehyung and Jimin could finally feel like breathing again. They felt immensely guilty of what Jungkook did for which they decided to apologise. They resumed to eat as the heavy tensed atmosphere disappeared.

"Oh god, if I could have such delicious food everyday, I'm glad to get as fat as pig. "

Jimin moaned in delight and said that to lighten everyone's mood.

Sungmi chuckled at his remark where as Jungkook constantly wore mask of scowl.

"Jungkook , can you pass me that fried rice"

"Sure , Hyung "

Taehyung was about to take the dish from his hand but immediately halted. He scrutinised at Jungkook's hand for a while.

"Where's your wedding ring, Jungkook?"

Taehyung asked with a serious tone.

Knowing his hyung for a long time, he knew that these tone wasn't good tone, rather a dangerous one. He knew that he was in trouble.

"Umm... I felt it in my room ?"

"Why?"

"Because I wasn't feeling comfortable wearing it. "

Sungmi also knew very well that he was lying. As he didn't approve their marriage, so he wasn't even bothered to wear the ring. On the contrary, also he had girlfriend whom he didn't want to disappoint. Sungmi slowly slumped in her chair, sadness engulfing her. She didn't get to see Jungkook everyday properly, so she didn't get to notice it. But now that she saw it , she felt like it was better to not see him rather than not finding ring on his hand. It made her more sad.

Jimin once again sensed the change in mood of Sungmi.

"You better wear it as long as you are married, cuz neither I .nor Taehyung will allow you to disrespect women. "

Jimin  scolded his younger brother sternly and looked at with with intense gaze as Jungkook nodded to his hyung meekly

Jimin scolded his younger brother sternly and looked at with with intense gaze as Jungkook nodded to his hyung meekly.

For the first time Sungmi saw Jungkook turning into cat from lion who thought of himself as the King. Sungmi was dancing in her mind at Jungkook's hyungs word. They had so much humor where as Jungkook had none. She was happy that his best friends were knocking some sense into Jungkook.

Never in his life Jungkook felt embarrassed and felt low. He was waiting for his hyungs to go back to their home so that he wouldn't have to hear anymore lecture from his hyung.

They were all done with their food and dessert. It was finally time for the guests to go home. They were binding farewells when Taehyung abruptly stopped on his way to his car.

"What happened hyung ?"

"Hey, we are going to double date !"

"What ?!"

Jimin , Jungkook and Sungmi, all said at once in astonishment.