Chapter 41

"Yoongi! I need some favour."

Sungmi sat on her bed as she calmly requested.

"And what is it ?"

"Make Jungkook hate me."

"What do mean by ''make Jungkook hate me'! Look Sungmi I'm not in the mood to joke around, so I'm hanging up the phone."

Sungmi heaved a sigh, quandary of how to make her friend understand about her plight.

"Yoongi I'm not joking."

"why would you want to do that! A few months ago you were crying that Jungkook didn't treat you better and now that he has started loving you, you have the audacity to make him hate you? Are you out of your mind? This isn't a freaking game,Sungmi."

Tear pricked in her eyes as she felt a lump stuck in her throat making her unable to talk.

"I-I can explain."

Yoongi's tone turned softer after hearing her shaky voice.

"You better have explanation"

Following day when Jungkook was driving the car to drop Sungmi to her office, Jungkook gave a sideway glance as he saw her seating in the beside him with a stern look on her face.

"Can I ask you something ?"

Momentarily she slipped out of her reverie making her turn toward Jungkook.

"Sure."

"Why did you throw away the roses that I gave you ?"

There was a scowl on Jungkook's face, his eyebrows knitted in his forehead into a thin line whereas his lips pursed,his eyes still on the road.

Sungmi was filled with remorse and she knew that easily people could read her just by looking at her face

Sungmi was filled with remorse and she knew that easily people could read her just by looking at her face. So she strived hard not to let her emotion take over her expression. She mustered a blank face as if she wasn't affected all as she spoke out.

"because I don't like white rose."

Jungkook stared at Sungmi as if she had gone out of her mind. Not even few days ago, she was euphoric to have white roses as gift but what made her dislike it? On the other hand Sungmi didn't develop a coherent reason on purpose so that Jungkook wouldn't understand her and get frustrated toward her.

"But you said that you love white roses!"

"I change my mind ok? Now red ones are my favourite."

Clearly Sungmi was acting like a bitch and he tried best not to lose his temper. But little did he know that's what she was provoking him to do.

It was nearly half past 2 when a call came to Sungmi from Jimin.

"Hey, what made you call me, Jimin ?"

Sungmi inquired, curiosity lingering her voice as occasionally him I called her.