Chapter 35

"Sunbae can I ask you a question ?"

He hummed a response as he flipped through a script which Sungmi gave him.

"When is Jungkook's birthday ?"

"What the. You don't know it ?!"

Sungmi diffidently shook her head, looking down at her lap while wringing her hands.

"Good thing that you have asked because it's in next week."

"By any chance do you know what would he like to have in his birthday ?"

"I don't think so because that guy possesses almost everything that he wants. "

Taehyung chuckled bitterly. Now clearly Sungmi was in trouble as she didn't have any idea what would a man like him likes to have on his birthday.

"Oh there's one thing though! Jungkook has been planning to guy this new collection of Gucci watch but I don't think you can afford it..."

Taehyung regretted suggesting the last idea as he knew, despite of helping her out he made her fluster more than before. But he was mistaken.

"Really! Oh no sunbae don't bother to think about the price. I'm ready to sell my soul and kidney for him. But I can't sell my body. You know what I mean ..."

Sungmi joked with Taehyung and Taehyung was terrified of her idea as he knew Sungmi could do anything to win Jungkook's heart.

"Nah! Please. Are you pabo? If you ever sell kidney then I'm gonna buy it cuz that way I can return it to you again."

"Then I'm gonna sell it again?!"

Sungmi chimed nonchalantly.

"Are you kidding me? I'm gonna end up begging on the road then!"

"Then you will beg. "

Now finally Taehyung got Sungmi's joke and he couldn't stop laughing. Soon after Sungmi also joined him, unable to hold her laughter anymore as she clutched her stomach.

"You are hilarious, Sungmi !"

Taehyung repeatedly slapped the table before him as he said.

"I know sunbae. "

Sungmi wiped the tear which threatened to fall due to excessive laughing.

.

.

.

Before long, Jungkook's birthday arrived.

Jungkook was humming on his way to break room to meet Taeyeon who asked him to meet him over there. He was very jovial as he could get to see her after a week. He missed her more than anything and he was very excited to see her to soothe his mind. But shortly he came to an abrupt halt when he heard a man talking to his beloved one.

"Why don't we just get back?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I have no wish get back with you!"

"I still love you Taeyeon. You don't know how much I miss you. I can't even sleep because of you."

"That's none of my business Taehyung. I don't care if you miss me or not or whether you sleep or not cuz I'm completely fine. We are done and that's it. "

Jungkook eavesdrop all of their conversation and now he couldn't stand to hear it anymore. He didn't know that they had past and it hurt him more than anything that none of them bothered to tell him. He somehow felt beguiled. When he felt that he could no longer keep his emotion to his bay, he slipped out from that situation.