Chapter 37

Sunmgi's pov

My eyes flattered open at the sight of Jungkook sleeping , his mouth ajar. A strange warmth crept on my body. Was I having fever? But when you have fever, your forehead is supposed to be hot. Even I feel like I have gained a pound or two in my sleep. Oh that must be Jungkook's arm and legs which were entangled with mine. I flushed as a pink tint of blush smothered my cheek. I could hear his heavy breathing in his sleep.

I couldn't help but to trace my fingers,scheming through his features. He had a very fine arced eyebrows which seemed like it had been drawn. His skin was as smooth as porcelains and his cheeks were as soft as baby. I never took notice of a scar on his face but his imperfection was the corroboration of him being a human, cuz look no one can have a face like infant and look as sexy as Greekgod simultaneously. His nose was bridge like. His lips as pulpy as strawberry , baring the same colour as the fruit. Momentarily my mind conjured up with yesterday's whirlwind. The way he kissed me tenderly with those lips are memory I will never forget, even if I die. There's even a small mole under his lower lip which I found extremely cute. Despite of me touching his face , Jungkook seemed unfazed as he was a heavy sleeper, not disturbed at all.

Yesterday, I confessed my love to him for the first time. He didn't utter the L word back but rather he showed his love for me by action. After yesterday, feeling loved for the first time, I didn't feel like a wretch anymore. I should have been more straight forward than being a wimp to tell him how much I loved him. But I was happy with how the things turned out.

I stood tiptoes on my feet after prying Jungkook's arm from my waist and sneaked out of the room, ready to rush to office.

I left his breakfast and his lunch box on table as I left for my office.

"Omo, your nose is bleeding."

I touched my nose as red fluid covered my face. Hoseok whizzy retrieved tissue from his desk and handed to me.

"I'm so sorry."

I tried to wipe the blood off my nose but it wouldn't stop.

"Why are you apologising?! Perhaps you are bleeding cuz you can't handle my handsome face?"

He tried to lighten up the mood as he simpered.

"Sure, donsaeng."

Finally the blood seemed to stop.

"I will hit the nurse room, you keep on working on that , OK?"

I pointed the scripts that were scattered on the table. Momentarily Hoseok stood on his feet as he took a hold of my hand and led me.

"I'm coming with you. "

"Thanks, Hoseok."

Author's POV

Jungkook grinned from ear to ear at the sight of sticky note on his lunch box.

stay hydrated ❤️

stay hydrated ❤️

The note might have seemed meaningless to him before but now he felt like being truly cared. He couldn't wait to see Sungmi as he had his lunch and decided to pick her up from her office.

Soon evening arrived, Jungkook drove to Sungmi's office , waiting for her arrival. Nearly he waited for 20 minutes when sight of Sunmgi caught his vision. He descended from his car as he rushed to Sungmi.

Sungmi was surprised to see Jungkook out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here! Oh Taehyung sunbae has left a moment ago."

Sungmi thought Jungkook came to meet Taehyung rather than seeing her.

"Pabo, I came to pick you up"

Jungkook said nonchalantly with a poker face on his face. He wanted badly to grin but he contended to keep his smile to himself as he didn't want to look like an idiot in front of Sungmi.

On the other hand Sungmi strived her best to not to whoop. She badly wanted to hug him but embracing Jungkook in front of her office was out of question.

They got back to car. There was yet another surprise for Sungmi which threw her totally aback. Bouquet of white roses lied on the front seat. Sungmi contemplate whether to pick up the rose or to have a seat on backseat.

That much be for Taeyeon.

Jungkook took notice of Sungmi's change in mood. He made her seat beside him as he handed her the flower.

"You don't like white rose ?"

"Nah, I love them."

"Then what's with long face ?"

Sungmi didn't want to sabotage the moment they were having but the curiosity killed the cat.

"Did you break up with her?"

Sungmi didn't have the courage to utter Taeyeon's name , fearing to hear the answer. Jungkook hands on the stirring wheel stiffen at the question. A long awkward silence invoked the atmosphere like an envelope.

"Yeah."

A sigh of relief was heaved by Sungmi , not knowing the truth. A small part of her knew that Jungkook lied to her but she didn't want to face the harsh reality, blindly believing Jungkook.

Clearly Jungkook and Taeyeon hadn't call of the thing but Taeyeon sensed the wrath of Jungkook when he didn't pick up her calls, guessing he might have heard the conversation among her and Taehyung. Taeyeon didn't know how to patch up with Jungkook, knowing he was a stubborn guy.

To change the mood which has shifted Jungkook said the thing which he wasn't at all planning.

"Let's get some grocery."

Sungmi noticed the watch that she gifted him on his wrist and a big smile plastered on her face at the sight.

"Sure!"

Authors note

Question of the day
Do you like webtoon?

I was so addicted to it for a while, specially "my dear cold blooded King". The graphic is so beautiful and ethereal. Everyone should read it.

If you have any recommendation , don't forget to comment 🔥