Chapter 44

A week later

"How's Sungmi?"

Jungkook asked Taehyung while he was going through the papers on his desk, whereas Taehyung took a sip of his coffee on the couch in Jungkook's office room.

"I was about to ask the same thing."

Taehyung uttered without glancing at his friend, starring out of the window aimlessly.

"What?!'

"what ?"

Finally Jungkook looked away from his paper as he scrutinized Taehyung.

"I haven't talked to Sungmi for a week."

"neither did I."

Taehyung exclaimed.

"But you work with her,how come you don't talk to her?"

Jungkook inquired out of bewilderment.

"Apparently, she took a leave for few days. I don't know the reason, so I thought maybe you know."

Taehyung paced the room, feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

"But Jungkook, why aren't you talking to her? I thought you guys are good now."

"it's a long story."

Jungkook heaved a sigh as he massaged the bridge of his nose. He told his friend everything that happened within few days.

"wait then, are you sure Sungmi is at her home? Because I don't think so ."

Taehyung said with a hint of consciousness.

"let me check."

Immediately Jungkook called his mother in law as the sound of the ring echoed through his room. Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other whose facial expressions were itched with anxity."

"hello?"

"Hi,mom. It's me ,Jungkook"

"Oh Jungkook, my son. What makes you call me, dear?"

Sungmi's mother asked with sincerity.

"I wanted to ask whether Sungmi was at home or not."

Jungkook asked whereas taehyung started biting his nails.

"I haven't seen her over 2 months. Did something to her?"

"no, no she's fine. Now that I remember, she said she's going to watch movie with her friend. I am sorry for disturbing you."

"if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me , alright?"

"Alright."

By the end of the call, both were expecting to heave a sigh of relief but rather they felt as if their breathe had caught up in their throat.

Now Jungkook was the one who couldn't stop pacing back and forth in his office out frustration. He clutched his head as he aggressively scratched the back of his head.

"uggh"

"Jungkook, you shoud contact that guy!"

"which guy"

Jungkook snapped.

"that guy you saw with Sungmi at a café!"

Junhkook starred at his hyung with bigh doe eyes.

"hyung, you are my savior."

.

.

.