Chapter 38

After cooking dinner and spending a quality time together, Jungkook excused himself to continue his pending works in his study.

It had been four hours after Jungkook scuffed off to his study and there was no sign of him to leave his study.

Sungmi prepared a couple of cup of steaming cocoa for her and Jungkook. She knocked on the door of study meekly as Jungkook bellowed

"Come in"

A warm simper smeared across Jungkook's face at the sight of Sungmi.

Jungkook always comes home after 10, finishing his task at his office but today was different. Clearly he couldn't finish all his work by 5, so he had to complete his task at home.

"Oh god, I don't wanna work anymore. Why am the only person working ?"

He said as he rubbed his shoulder, trying to soothe his tensed muscle. Sungmi put the cups on the large mahogany table, rounding back where Jungkook sat.

She placed both of her hands on his tensed muscle as she began to massage.

A groan escaped from his mouth at the contact of her fingers on his body.

"Yes please. Oh god , this is what I wanted "

He said as he closed his eyes out of pleasure, trying to relax as much as possible.

"But tell me , why cocoa, why not coffee?"

"Remember , you gotta hit the bed as soon as you finish working ? Even it helps relaxing your nerves"

He nodded his head, sipping his cocoa after blowing on his cup.

"But I don't think this gonna finish within 2 hours. Ugggh I don't wanna work anymore. "

"I'm willing to working with you until you finish your work."

Sungmi quickly left the room to retrieve her stuff. She returned within a moment with a book in her hand. Jungkook already resumed working , typing away on his computer whereas Sungmi started reading a book.

"You know what, you aren't helping me at all."

"Why?"

"Because you are just reading book and chilling. Not working at all"

A small pout was visible on his mouth, as he complained, his brows knitted above his forehead. A light chuckle escaped from Sungmi's lip at the sight of sulken Jungkook.

"This is what I do for living ,Jungkook ah

"This is what I do for living ,Jungkook ah. I read and edit, review people's work so that it can be published."

"Oh..."

For a moment Jungkook forgot that Sungmi's working for a publishing company.

Following morning, Sungmi stood before the shower, savouring the warm water running down her body, making her warm up. She was scrubbing her body when she spotted red dots on her body. She carefully traced her index finger on the spots, scrutinising the unfamiliar spots on her body. A pang of fear washed over her. The spots neither itched nor caused any pain but she was feeling uneasy seeing spots on her body so she decided to visit the hospital after her shift was over.