Human

Tom twitched and fell as a feeling of euphoria washed over him. He was light as a feather. He felt like he was on ever single drug known to mankind. That all made the process he was going through so much easier and less stressful to him as his thoughts blew away and he focussed more on the amazing feeling.

His peaceful feline body twisted and morphed, growing. The fur covering him seemed to come loose and turned into gas; into nothing at all. His teeth became less pointed and his snout relaxed into his face. His paws flexed out their claws and the digits grew.

Human face. Human limbs. Human torso.

Finally, he was Tom again; human again.

Tord was almost terrified. His enemy lay on the ground of lab, right in front of his feet. His cat. Tom was his cat. But how? Questions upon questions zoomed around his mind as the world around him slowly to a halt.

No. No way. This is a joke. His soldiers just kidnaped Tom to play a prank on him. Well it's not fucking funny. Rage boiled inside of him, more then he thought was possible. But then it cooled slightly as a new thought appeared his his mind.

It's not even Tom. It's just a look-alike. A doppelgänger. Nothing to be alarmed about. But then why did it have the same hair as Tom? The same frame as Tom? The same everything as Tom?

"Take him to the infirmary," Tord said with as cool of a voice as he could manage at the moment. He didn't want to scare his medics, as they had done nothing wrong. Unless the devil's thought about them kidnaping the Jehovah's witness was true.

||

In the morning, a few hours later, Tom woke. He was cold, shivering, and that was all he knew. He was never cold as a cat since he had all of that warm fur. When he opened his eyes, he was confused. Everything was different. He wasn't in Tord's room.

Looking around nervously, he notices that he's covered in a thin white sheet on a soft bed, surrounded by cream coloured walls. Then he noticed his hands.

He shot up, widening his eyes, hoping so badly that he wasn't dreaming.

He looked at his hands, his human hands. He felt his head, running his fingers through his soft yet sturdy hair. He laughed in relief and tears brimmed his eyes quickly. He was still thinking, Is this real?

He whispered, "Oh dear Jehovah, thank you," as he wept. Then the door swung open and Tom jumped like a cat. Some of his feline instincts didn't quite leave with his becoming of a human, he guesses.

He gulps, seeing his enemy. Tord held an angry expression and a gun. Tom went pale as the gun aimed towards him, reminding him of the gun that gave him back his human form.

"You better fucking explain this to me, Thomas," he spat. Tom's fiery tears of joy turned into tears of fear.

Tom answered straightly, not wanting to complicate it more than it already was, "I think was your cat." Tord was silent. He flicked the safety off and Tom yelled out, "Reincarnation! I was reincarnated! I-I don't know how either."

"Classic stupid Tom, I don't think I'm falling for that excuse."

"Well, how do you think I got here?" the brit hissed rudely.

"I'm the one asking the questions here, Thomas. I'm the one with the gun," Tord said menacingly, reminding all who the villain was.

"Well I told you the answer! I was reincarnated," Tom growled.

"People don't just get reincarnated. There is no such thing." He paused, "This is all your fault," he said, putting extra emphasis on the "your," silently trying to convince himself that it really was the Brit's fault and not just a big coincidence.

"Well, do you really think it was my choice?" Tom lashed out. "Do you think that I died and just decided to come back, never mind get adopted from the likes of you!? Dear Jehovah, Tord, do you know how hard it was not being able to talk?" Tom's voice cracked with swirling anger and sadness; red and blue. "Do you know how hard it was not being able to tell my best friends, who think I'm dead, that I'm okay?"

The room was silent. Tord was the one to break it. "Prove it," he said challengingly.

"Prove what?" Tom scoffed.

"That you're really my cat."

Tom thought. "You got me from a pet store or shelter or something, I don't know. You took me home and I broke your coffeemaker for the sake of angering you-"

Tord cut him off, "How do you know that?"

"I told you, I was your cat!" Tom yelled. Calming himself, he continued with a sigh, "After I broke it you put me in your room where I snuck out the window. I went off onto the roof and then heard you calling. I came back and- and you kind of climbed onto the ledge," Tom explained. "You caught me." He paused and then spoke in a soft tone, looking at the wall, "You worried for me."

"How is that possible? I get that my cat was too smart for his own good but... Just how?" Tord asked, breathing deeply and calming himself down. He lowered the gun and sat beside the brit.

"Reincarnation," Tom said, relief filling him that Tord had calmed down and the probability of him being shot lowered considerably. His heart felt oddly warm just then and his panicked anger melted away.

Tord paused to take it all in. The reality of the situation was really hitting him. He looked away from his enemy to say, "What did you do last night before we slept?"

Tom giggled inaudibly, "I licked a tear off of your face."

"Oh my god!" Tord exclaimed. "W-Where were you always perched when we went out?"

"On your shoulder," Tom said, reminiscing about the times. "You even skated around with me on your shoulder."

Tord gaped, "How did you show me where Edd and Matt lived?"

Tom felt a pinch in his heart at "Edd and Matt" as his hopeful smile faltered, "Jumped out of the car. Anyways, I have some questions for you too, now that you know I am your cat."

"Am? Present tense?" Tord laughed. Tom punched him in the shoulder, a red tint dusting both of their faces. Tord's laughed died down sadly, "I'm guessing about my army..."

"Not that right now. Um..." Tom sighed and smiled out of nervousness, "Are you actually sorry about all of it?"

Tord replied quickly, "Of course! You think I went to Edd and Matt for nothing?"

"Yeah, yeah. I mean, I thought so. Just a boring old cat was there when you ranted about it." Tord sighed, he had basically hugged Tom while crying out his apologies for him and his friends. Embarrassing.

"Yeah... If I knew you were my cat... This is awkward," Tord said, covering his face with his hand.

"So is all of this," Tom shrugged.

The medic appeared at the door and spoke to Tord in Norwegian, telling him that they could leave if they wanted to. Tord nodded and sent the doctor on his way.

"He says we can go now."

"Neat, I'm gonna need some actual clothes, though. I don't want to walk around in a hospital gown," Tom remarked.

Tord laughed, "I'll get you some clothes. Be right back." He strolled out of the room, leaving Tom to think about his life choices and dear Jehovah, did he have a lot to think about.