Confess

"Wanna tell me why you chickened out on quitting?" Tom asked, disappointed in the commie.

"To avoid even more suspicion when we sneak out of here," Tord shrugs casually.

"What!? Sneak out!? Can't you just leave?" he asked.

"No, not forever. I'd be tried for treason. I'd get shot- If I got caught."

Tom wants to escape with Tord but if getting caught meant being shot he would rather stay in the base. "And what about me? Would I also get killed? Like you said, I just got back!"

"Probably but only if we get caught, which isn't going to happen. I blew up a house and killed people and I'm not in jail. I'm good at this stuff, Tom. Trust me," Tord plead.

"Trust you? The last time I trusted you you blew up the house!"

"No, the last time you trusted me was when you were a cat and I took care of you. I know this base. I can take a jet and we can escape to England and live with Edd and Matt again, it'll be just like old times," Tord said persuasively.

"Can we be tracked in any way? Does my headset have a tracker, does the jet have a tracker?" Tom worried.

"Your goggles, no. The jet, yes. But I know where it is and can rip it out. Thomas, c'mon, it'll be an adventure."

Tom sighed, "You're the thrill seeker here, not me. I don't like this, Tord."

"Trust me. I trusted you when you ran to Edd and Matt's apartment; I trusted you when we went out not to get hit by a car; I trusted you so many damn times, it's your turn to trust me!" Tord grew angrier but calmed down. "Please."

"Fine. Whatever. Death, schmeth, am I right? I'll probably be reincarnated again anyways," Tom said sarcastically, going to the bedroom to lie down. He could really use a drink right now but no, he's quitting.

Tord could also use something to make matters seem better; a smoke. He thought that Tom was acting like a woman on her period. He sighed and followed Tom into the room.

"Sleep on the couch," Tom scoffed. Tord didn't listen and flopped onto the bed behind the Jehovah's witness. He wanted to say something like, "You sleep on the couch, I own this bed," but he didn't. He knew that Tom would take that seriously and go onto the couch when, in reality, Tord liked his company and wanted him to stay. Instead, he didn't say a word and waited for Tom to.

"I just find it hard," Tom sighed. "We've hated each other for years, how do I know you won't get us killed? How can I trust you after years of not."

"Because I'm not going to hurt you," Tord replied. Tom turned and they stared at each other.

"So this is supposed to make me trust you?" Tom asked. "Just you saying that you won't hurt me?"

"What do you want me to say? That I love you?"

"Stop being sarcastic."

"I'm not being sarcastic. Do you want me to say that? Doesn't trust involve truth?"

Tom's face went rosy as he turn away. The fuck? Did Tord really just say that? Truth? Truth!? He doesn't seriously love me, does he? No, it's just the friendship type of love, right? But...? What...? He was internally freaking out, forgetting about Tord until he let out a "Hm?"

"Uh-"

"'Cause it is the truth."

"T-Tord, um-"

"I do love you."

Tord blushed as furiously as Tom. He was begging that Tom felt the same way or else this would be ten times more awkward. Oh, how Tord yearned to touch Tom- not in a sexual way, but in a loving way. He wanted Tom to know that he loved him. To hold hands, hug, kiss... anything to break this unbearable space between them.

"And yes, Tom. Love love."

Tom didn't know what to say. He wanted to admit his feelings but he didn't know how. He couldn't talk. He couldn't. He didn't know why but he just couldn't. But there were other ways.

Tom sucked in a breath, rolled over to face Tord, closed his eyes, and leaned in. He felt Tord's lips and Tord felt his. Butterflies rushed around their stomachs as their lips moved slightly against each other's. It was quick, only a second, but it felt like forever. The best forever that they'd ever experience.

Tord smiled incredibly bright when they pulled away. "I love you!" he exclaimed.

Tom giggled, "I love you too. And okay, that helped me trust you."

"I'm glad. I'm glad you didn't... y'know, turn me down," Tord said, rubbing his neck. He stared lovingly at Tom, "I really love you."

"I love you too," the brit replied, cuddling into his boy.

And they fell asleep in each other's arms, happy. So happy.