5 | Dances

Toms POV

"Harrison!" I walk across the large ball room adjusting the sleeves on my tux, "Do one a favour and get us some drinks" I grin at him.

"Already on it, why do you think I'm here!" I laugh.
"This place is great isn't it..." Harrison looks up at the high gold ceiling decked with crystals and chandeliers.

"Yeah...it's beautiful..."
"You know who else looks beautiful?" I look over at him.
"Zendaya" he points over to the door and I see her walk in.
My world stops.

She was wearing a long red pleated dress and her hair was resting effortlessly on her back. She looked like a goddess.

"Go say hi!" Harrison slapped me on the back, "You two love birds haven't seen eachother in months!"

That was true. I hadn't seen her in what seemed like an eternity. I wanted to run over and hug her but she was talking to a group of people I didn't know.

She hadn't even noticed me.

The group of people started walking away I knew this was my chance. I began to move and I saw Zendayas face drop. I stopped in my tracks just meters from where I left Harrison.

She began to fiddle with her dress and everyone was looking at her.

"Go say hi and I will get us our drinks!"
"Shut up Haz something's wrong"

Then I realised. Her song was playing.

"Everyone welcome to the MTV Annual Ball! This is your slow dance song! Find a partner!" I whipped my head around to the DJ, "Zendaya you better find a partner this is your song after all."

"Haha thank you!" She raised her hand and smiled but quickly dropped again, looking around.

I went straight for her. The middle of the room was empty as everyone was standing off to the side.
I was quickly pulled off to the side by an unknown hand.

"Gina what the hell!"
"Tom you need to dance with Zendaya!" Gina whisper yelled.

"What! Dance I was just going to say hi!"
"Tom she needs you right now..." I look back towards Zendaya and a few couples are dancing now but Zendaya stood to the side.

"Tom please..." Gina whispers.
"Ok. Ok fine! But if any rumours start up your in charge of taking them down!"

"Deal."
I half run half walk towards Zendaya around the back of everyone.

Her song was now at the chorus.
"Hey..." I whisper.

She whips around.
"Tom!" She latches her arms around my shoulders.
I am hesitant to hug her but I eventually give in and wrap my arms around her back.

"How are you?" We pull away.
"Pretty sucky if I'm honest..." She looks down again.

"How is Zendayas life sucky?" I grab both her hands and she looks up at me, tears in her eyes, "Hey woah I'm sorry I didn't mean..."

"No it's not you...I'm sorry..." she wipes tears from her face.
"It's ok..."

I look over her shoulder to see Gina widening her eyes at me.
"Do...do you want to dance?"
"I didn't know you could ballroom Thomas?"

She smiled. There we go.
"I didn't know you would be up for it?"

I led her into the middle of the room as her song kept playing.
I stuck one hand out and bowed.

"May I have this dance?"
She giggled and placed her hand into mine.
"Of course."

I pulled her close to me and held her hand out and put one hand on her waist.
She put her arm under my shoulder and rested her head on her hand.

Everyone was looking at us but I didn't care.
We swayed for a bit then I used my arm to spin her around.
She laughed and when she came back to face me I put both hands on her hips and rested our foreheads together.

Zendaya wrapped both arms around my neck.
"Do you remember when I taught you the dance to this next bit...?"
"Maybe..."

"Good" she pulled away and grabbed one of my hands and used the other hand to hold her dress up.

We danced Cinderella style around the ballroom and everyone stopped to look at us.
As we spun through the clouds I couldn't keep my eyes off Zendaya. Her hair would wave so effortlessly every time we would turn and her face was all lit up and glowing.

Her eyes were locked on me and she giggled when ever I would spin her.

I felt as if we were flying and as Neverland came to an end I dipped her so our faces were almost touching.

"Thank you..."
She rested a hand on my face.
"Anyt-"

Her lips smashed into mine and I could hear the crowd going crazy.
I stood her up and she press her abdomen against mine, kissing me passionately with both of her hands on my face.

I kissed back. Pulled her hips closer to mine.

I could feel her smile into the kiss and as I pulled away she buried her head in the crook of my neck laughing.

The crowd was cheering and the DJ stood there in awe.

I rubbed her back and kissed her temple. I look over at Gina who was also clapping and laughing.

Zendaya pulled away and looked at the people around her. I turned around to see Harrison standing in shock, two beers in his hands.

I scoffed.

"So do you still want your drink?"