3

Five months later-

**** Drina Skylard and her band, "The Skydivers," sat back stage relaxing and celebrating after the last concert of the tour

**** Drina Skylard and her band, "The Skydivers," sat back stage relaxing and celebrating after the last concert of the tour. Drina, barely five foot three small, one hundred forty five pounds had long, curly blonde hair, and dark brown eyes. She smile lit a room or stage, wherever. Sleeping on a foldout couch across the room lay her ten year old half-brother Kyle, his twin sister recent, Kaylee and Riley's son and Kyle's best freiend, Eli, slept along side the others.

Drina's mother and step-father had died in a plane crash five years earlier. She had taken legal guardianship for her younger siblings, and would walk through fire for them. She knew however, that this was no life for them. They loved traveling with her, but it came with a price. They had no friends save for the Band members, the crew and Eli. All three were beginning to talk about riding a bus, being on baseball and basket ball teams. Even the much more studious Kaylee was beginning to complain about having the same tutor year after year and the lack of girlfriends. So Drina had decided to take the twins on a long vacation, Eli too, if Riley would allow it.

Exhausted, Drina sat back and closed her eyes. "I think I need to turn in, guys, I feel like a limp rag." she said, never opening her eyes.

Her drummer Brón McMillan, turned to look at her. "I thought ye said ye had a surprise for the rug rats?" he asked in his deep Scottish bur. On stage the drummer spoke properly, but once out of the limelight he fell back into his native tongue. When the band first met he had been the brunt of a lot of jokes.

His girlfriend, Amy McDonald nodded her head, red curls bouncing. "Aya, lass. Ye did say that." Drina was always amazed at how the little Irish clogger could have such a musical voice.

"Yes! That's right, thanks for the reminder." She nodded and lowered her voice. "Anyway, I decided we need a vacation."

She looked at her siblings fondly. "Those two have been through so much what with losing our folks, leaving their home, school and friends and being on the road with us all the time. The three of us need a vacation. So I did some research online and found a working Dude Ranch in Montana called the 3B Ranch run by Beau Blanton."

Ben Ford, her lead guitarist and one of her two BFF's breathed, "The National Bull Riding Champ? Eli and I saw his winning ride! Man, that guy is something else! He's said to be this century's bull riding prodigy. Riley, Eli and I have all been following his career since he got out of the Army. I guess he excelled there too. From what I understand he's highly decorated. A true war hero. The guy just doesn't stop. Eli always yells along with the croud as he says his catchphrase. He does it after he mounts up, every time. It's kind of traditional for him and his fans."

His wife, Riley, (Drina's BFF since childhood), grinned and sat in his lap. "Let's getty up and go!" She giggled.

"He's right, Drina, Blanton is without a doubt the best, this year he unseated the current Champion. That man is incredible, the whole packags. Unfortunately, he announced Good Ole Boy was his last ride, he retired undefeated. Said he intends to run his ranch and help raise his little sisters. I heard his older brother went MIA about the same time."