5

**** Drina grinned to herself as she drove behind the cowboys and their horses."

Beau let out a long whistle, looked down into her dark brown eyes, and smiled. "Is your sister always bossy and get ticked that easy?" he asked conspiratorially to her.

Drina called out from the drivers seat of the SUV, "I am not bossy!" she snapped.

Kaylee grinned, shrugged and nodded. She surprised Beau when she leaned back against his chest and whispered. "Yeah, she is sometimes, but it's been a lot worse lately."

"Yeah?" He asked, "Sooo wh...."

* * *

The rest of their conversation was lost to Drina when the cowboy gently touched his heels to Kitt's sides and they rode ahead. She watched the two as she followed and was amazed at how often she saw Kaylee talk and laugh and turn to look up at the cowboy. She smiled and settled back against the seat.

'This whole thing is worth it just to see that smile reach Kaylee's eyes and heart.'

Drina looked up to the small picture of her mom and step-dad that she kept on the sun visor. 'Thanks for the dream idea guys, with your help and God's guidance, the three of us will be ok.' She kissed her fingers and lovingly touched the picture.

Upon reaching the stables, she followed the asphalt lane and parked the SUV as directed. Two cowboys immediately began loading the luggage in a pick up and pointed to the cabin that would be her family's home for the next three months. She walked over to the barn lot where Ben was parking the horse trailer. Not far from the corral Topper was lifting Kaylee down from the saddle as Beau remained seated.

Drina chuckled at the way her sister was steadily talking to both men while gently petting Kitt's soft nose. When the animal nuzzled her neck, Kaylee giggled and rewarded the white miracle with gentle strokes down the long neck.

Beau and her little sister talked steadily as they walked over to stand beside her.

"Did you see me, Drina?" Kaylee was almost jumping up and down excitedly. "Once we started moving I wasn't scared. I didn't freeze up or panic. Now, I can pet him and stand right next to him and, and it feels really good. I think I'm ready to ride by myself now. Really and truly I do."

She grabbed her older sister's hand and held it in both her own. "Thank you for bringing us here."

Kaylee was ecstatic about her new courage and confidence and Drina was struck again by the feeling that they had indeed been led to the ranch.

"Yes, I did see you and I am so very proud of you, it's not easy facing a fear that strong, but you did. I'm so glad you're having a good time already."

She looked over Kaylee's head and mouthed; 'Thank you,' to Beau.

* * *

Beau smiled and touched the brim of his hat in cowboy speak. "She did just fine. We'll make a cowgirl of her in no time. In fact," he rubbed his chin thoughtfully; "I think I know just the right geldin' for her. Totally trained, real calm, good bloodlines..."

He nodded to himself, "Topper is beginnin' to use him with my youngest sister, Ava. He's good with her, but I think she may need something a little bit smaller."

Kaylee's eyes widened, "Do you really think I could, Mr. Blanton?"

He smiled and ran the back of his fingers down her cheek. "It's Beau, lil' miss and yeah, I think he'll be perfect for you, We'll bring him out and see what he says. We let our horses guide us as to which rider is right. You'd be surprised how right they can be. For example, I didn't choose Kitt. He chose me."