Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Do you have anything in your closet that looks good?" My best female friend, Carolina, sighed. I merely gave her a shrug before going back into my closet to find another outfit. Carolina had been helping me pick an outfit for a Tinder date I had for over 30 minutes. It was easier said than done since I had her on Skype so she couldn't just waltz into my closet and picked out what she liked. I wished she was there, but she lived three hours away in Houston.

"How about this?" I came back out of the closet, holding up another outfit. It was a pair of black skinny jeans, a white low-cut tank top, and my leather jacket. If Carolina didn't approve that outfit, I would have no clue what else to wear. I was running out of options because nothing I had was up to her standards. I didn't go out much so I didn't have any outfits that were perfect for dates. Instead I had to throw clothes together and hoped they would be nice enough to impress.

"Fine, seeing as you have nothing else to wear because your wardrobe sucks," Carolina finally gave in. I sent her a grin before turning my laptop the other way as I changed into the outfit. I sprayed my best perfume and walked into it, the smell of coconut filling my noise. My phone buzzed and I checked it, seeing a text from my date. It took so long for Carolina to help me pick out an outfit that my date was already there to pick me up. Thankfully I planned for that so I did my makeup and hair before choosing my outfit. Outwardly I was ready to go; inwardly I was freaking out. I hadn't been on a date since Jake had dumped me and I wasn't even sure how to act on one. The only thing I remembered from my relationship from Jake was constant fighting and him blaming me for everything. I didn't even know how to be in a proper relationship with someone, so how the hell was I supposed to go on a date with someone I had never met before?

"Carolina, he's here and I'm freaking out," I breathed out, turning the computer towards me again. Carolina was no longer there and instead her daughter's face was across my screen. Emily giggled and screamed while she was running with her mother's phone.

"Emily, give me back my phone!" I heard Carolina scream, but she was laughing also. I chuckled and there was a blur of movement on my screen before Carolina's face was before me.

"Lily, it's just a date, not a wedding. Just go in there, get some free food, and have no strings attached sex," She told me. With that the Skype call ended, leaving me alone with my racing thoughts. She was right though, I joined Tinder and accepted the date because I wanted to get over Jake. I wasn't looking for a committed relationship, just some free food and fun. Besides, who didn't love sex?

"I'm going out dad!" I called to my dad as I headed downstairs. I heard him say okay before I walked out the door, shutting it behind me. A black Dodge Ram 2500 sat in front of the house and I could only assume that it was my Tinder date. I walked up to the lifted truck but before I could reach it, the driver side door opened and my date jumped down. My eyes landed on his cowboy boots and slowly made their way up his blue jeans, belt with a big buckle, and fitted dark blue shirt. His brown hair was slightly long at the top and was slightly sticking up. His blue eyes were to die for and I could see myself getting lost in them. He was fucking beautiful and his Tinder profile pictures did not do him justice.

"You must be Lily," He greeted me, stretching out his hand. I took his hand in mine and he gently shook it.

"It's Tyler, right?"

"Yes ma'am."

I smiled slightly as his manners before taking slipping my hand out of his. He walked me around the truck and opened the passenger door, helping me inside his tall truck. My heart fluttered at how much of a gentlemen Tyler was and all my fears about the date flew out of my mind. It was already clear that Tyler was nothing like Jake and had a pure heart. I had no doubt that he was be nothing but nice and understanding during our date and I was actually looking forward to it. Carolina was right, I'll get free food, hopefully sex, and maybe an actual relationship out of the date.