Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"There's a gun in the bedroom under my pillow if something happens," Jaxson told me, pulling me close to him. I closed my eyes as I embraced his tight hug, feeling his lips against my forehead. I opened my eyes as he started pulling me away from me, but I was quick to wrap my arms around him and trap him against me. I stood up on my tippy toes and captured his lips with mine, his lips moving in sync against mine. I wanted nothing more than to continue the kiss forever, but he pulled away way too soon.

"Go kick some ass," I grinned.

"You know I will," Jaxson smirked, his arm snaking behind me to smack my butt. He sent me a wink before completely pulling away from me, escaping out the front door before I could stop him again. I ran to the window to see him and Henry get into Jaxson's corvette and I watched them take off. I waited five minutes before going into the bedroom to grab the gun and made my way to the garage. A smile slipped on my face when my eyes landed on a new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. Excitement ran through me at the thought of driving the beauty, which was exactly what I was going to do. I had been stuck in the lake house for three days and while it was an awesome house and I loved going out on the lake, I needed out. Plus I felt horrible about what happened between Jaxson and David. They had been friends since forever and I came in and ruined all of it, so I felt like I needed to fix it. I got Henry to tell me where David had been and I was going to go talk to him while Jaxson was gone. I knew if I told Jaxson about it he would reject the idea, so I had to go behind his back. Knowing Jaxson I had a feeling it wouldn't end well, but I needed to fix his friendship with David.

I slid into the Mustang and grabbed the keys out of the cup holder, sticking them into the ignition. The engine roared to life and I hit the button for the garage door as I revved up the sports car. A thought of Jaxson catching me made me hesitate for a moment, but I pushed it to the back of my head and backed out of the garage. I typed in the high school's address into the car's GPS and took off, speeding through the rich neighborhood.

It took longer than expected to get to the high school, but by the time I made it there was 10 minutes left in the school day. It was easy to spot David's Charger that was parked at the back of the lot and I pulled up next to him. I slid a pair of sunglasses on my face and pulled my hoodie over my face in an attempt to hide my identity. It was probably a very bad idea to go out without Jaxson while his father was literally trying to kill me, but I somehow had faith that I would be able to somehow protect myself. I had a gun on me and I knew how to shoot it, for the most part, so I could only hope that was enough if he decided to try to kill me again.

I faintly heard the final bell and I got out of the car, casually leaning against the hood as I waited for the bad boy. I watched students hurry to their vehicles, some glancing my way but no one having the nerve to actually come up to me. The only person that had the nerve was David himself, a grim look on his face when his eyes landed on me. He picked up speed and stormed over to me, sending me a scowl he always seemed to have around me.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Where is Jaxson?" He questioned, his eyes scanning around me. Once he came up empty handed, he threw the passenger door open to his Charger and grabbed my arm. Fear spike through me and I attempted to pull away, but he was already pushing me inside his car. My heart raced in my chest and I focused on the fact that David was Jaxson's best friend as he got into the driver's seat. It didn't take long to calm myself down, especially when my eyes landed on the Mustang.

"What about the Shelby?" I slightly pouted as David started his car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Are you fucking stupid? Jaxson's dad is literally trying to kill you and you're going out without your boyfriend? Call Jaxson," He growled out, throwing his phone at me. I sent him a glare but turned to the phone, my finger hovering over Jaxson's contact. Jaxson had no clue I left the house, but seeing as I already left the Mustang behind Jaxson was going to find out I left either way. I took in a deep breath and pressed on his contact, holding the phone up to my ear.