Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

David was right and I fucking hated it. I hated pulling up to school to see Jaxson's Corvette parked in the back of the lot like usual. I hated that it caused thoughts to swim in my head that he actually wanted me back. I didn't want my heart to break all over again.

"Guys, I'm not sure I can do this," I said, stopping right before we entered the school. What would Jaxson do when he saw me? Would he come up to me or would he completely ignore me? I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out.

"You can't make Jaxson crawl back to you if you don't show up," David pointed out. I opened my mouth to reply but didn't have a chance to get a word out before David pulled the door open and Henry forced me inside. I stumbled into the school hallway, but managed to catch myself before I fell on my face. I glared at both of them before straightening up and turning my attention to in front of me. Not that many kids were in the hallway, but the kids that were became quiet and glanced over our way. Or maybe they were already quiet because Jaxson was in the hallway casually leaning up against the wall. Well, casually leaning up against the wall while talking to the head cheerleader. She glanced over her shoulder at the commotion and her eyes landed on me. She glanced me over before turning back towards Jaxson and went back to talking about who knows what as if nothing happened. I wasn't sure if Jaxson was listening, though, because his eyes were on me. His emotionless mask sat on his face as his eyes bore into mine. I watched as he checked me out, his eyes scanning over my body. Something flickered in his eyes, but he was already turning around and walking away before I could figure out what it was.

"That bastard," David muttered. I turned to look at him to see that his nostrils were flaring as he glared at Jaxson's retreating figure. I had the same anger running through my blood as my eyes landed on the head cheerleader, Courtney. Who did she think she was? That was Jaxson Knight, people like her weren't supposed to talk to him. He was supposed to be off limits. He was supposed to be only mine.

"Even Jaxson Knight can't stand listening to your bullshit," I sneered while walking up to Courtney. She stopped staring at where Jaxson disappeared to before turning towards me. She went to open her mouth, but quickly shut it when her eyes flicked to behind me. I had no doubt that Henry and David stood behind me like two guard dogs, just waiting for her to try to mess with me. I smirked at this before turning on my heel and leaving her behind to stare at me.

"What are you going to do?" Henry asked as I continued stomping away.

"I don't think it was a coincidence that Jaxson was with Courtney when we showed up. I'm just going to give him a taste of his own medicine," I shrugged. I didn't see their reaction to my statement, but they didn't say anything else. I could only hope they agreed with me. After all, they were the one who suggested that I make Jaxson regret breaking up with me. You can't do that without making someone a little jealous.

Seeing as we had 10 minutes before the bell, I made my way to the cafeteria. Once I entered it and was already greeted by silence, I knew it was the right place to go.

"Stay here," I called back to Henry and David. I didn't care enough to turn around to see if they listened or not as I continued making my way into the cafeteria. I smirked a little when my eyes landed on Greyson White. Greyson White was one of Paul's best friends and was notorious for being the school's player. He was the perfect person to approach when I knew Jaxson's eyes were trained on me.

"Lily Spears, what do I owe the pleasure of having Jaxson's girl approach me?" He greeted me when I walked up to him. He smirked at me while his friends shuffled their feet and looked away.