Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

"Of course the only time I'm in New York I'm fucked up on antipsychotics," I muttered, my eyes traveling up the tall buildings that surrounded us. I wanted to be surprise over the fact that Mr. Knight literally sent me to a mental hospital across the country, but I wasn't. Clearly the distance didn't stop Jaxson from finding me, which meant that Mr. Knight would probably just try harder next time, if there was a next time.

"Can you admire the scenery when we're not still running to our car?" Jaxson grunted. I rolled my eyes and increased my pace, following Jaxson and his two best friends as we ran down a dark ally. I had no clue how they were able to see down the ally in the middle of the night, but I was probably struggling since my vision was starting to blur from the medications. Regardless of my limited vision, I still managed to follow the three boys until we finally reached a black SUV. David hopped into the driver seat while Henry got into the passenger seat, leaving Jaxson to push me in the back. I didn't even have a chance to put my seatbelt on before we were taking off, causing my body to fly into Jaxson's. Within a second he gripped my hips and lifted me up to where I was straddling him. Our chests pressed together as he pulled me close to him, resting his face in the crook of my neck.

"I thought I lost you," He breathed out. I hugged him as tight as I could, missing his body against mine. I didn't even think that Jaxson went through while I was in the mental hospital. I knew that he had no clue where I was, which probably drove him insane. For all he knew his father killed and left me in a shallow grave somewhere. I was okay at the hospital because I knew that Jaxson was safe, especially since he wouldn't have been stupid enough to get himself kidnapped. I couldn't even imagine what Jaxson went through.

"Does that mean I'm still your girl?" I asked. Jaxson's chest vibrated against mine and I froze in his embrace. I pulled away from him to see that a small smile was on his face as he tried to hold back his laughter. Shit, he wasn't laughing because he was breaking up with me, right?

"Even though you look like a total mess and desperately need a shower, of course you're still my girl," He chuckled, a goofy smile on his face. I loved the way that rolled off of his lips. I was his girl. I was so excited at the fact we were finally able to actually be together, hopefully, seeing as last time he admitted that I was his girl his father shipped me off to a mental hospital the next day.

A wave a nausea hit me and I suddenly felt the over whelming urge to puke my guts out.

"Pull over!" I shouted as I covered my mouth with my hand. Jaxson tightened his grip on me as David slammed on the breaks, causing me to start flying forward a little. As soon as the car came to a complete stop, Jaxson flung the door open and helped me get out. Once my feet touched the ground, I was bending over and grossly throwing up while Jaxson held my hair back. It didn't take long to get my wannabe dinner out of my system, leaving me feeling gross and slightly hungry.

"What did they do to you?" Jaxson questioned, helping me back into the SUV. This time I sat in my own seat with my seatbelt on, but Jaxson kept an arm wrapped about me while I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Gave me some strong ass antipsychotics that I'm sure they used more to subdue me and convince me you weren't real than actually treat any type of schizophrenia," I told him. I knew that antipsychotics had side effects, but the way the medicine they gave me made my thought process completely slow down, there had to be more to what they gave me. It wasn't too hard for them to convince me I was crazy and imagining the whole thing with Jaxson, especially when they threw me into isolation. That place was horrible, especially without human interaction except for Dr. Powell telling me I was delusional.