Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

We were getting closer and closer to everyone finishing their dinner and I was dying on the inside from anticipation. The only amount of conversation that went one was basically Mr. Knight asking me about my life, but I made sure to give him short, simple answers while still telling him the truth. Jaxson and his mother had yet to say a word, but it was clear Jaxson wanted to tell his father off. I secretly wanted him to blow up on his dad so I could get the hell out of there. I was amazed I had yet to have a panic attack, but I knew I wasn't in immediate danger. I had a feeling that Jaxson would protect me, but at the same time he might not be able to help me against his dad. His dad was the head of their family business and when it came down to it he could easily defeat his own son.

"It's nice to finally have a girl around here. We haven't had a girl here since... What was her name, Jaxson?" Mr. Knight spoke up, turning his attention to his son. Jaxon's head shot up, his eyes blazing as he glared at his father. I cowered in my chair, waiting for all hell to break loose. My eyes flickered to and from the two male Knights until they stayed on Jaxson. Jaxson didn't say a word and instead rose to his full height. With one last glare at his dad, he turned on his heel and stormed out of the dining room. I jumped up to follow him, but Mr. Knight's voice stopped me.

"Sit down, Lily. Mary, please go after your son."

I had no choice but to lower myself back into my chair and watch as Mrs. Knight stood up. She nodded towards her husband but didn't dare look him in the eyes. Instead she kept her head lowered and hurried after Jaxson. Her heels clicked against the ground as she left the room. Once her footsteps had faded, I turned back towards the table. I kept my eyes on my food, but could still see Mr. Knight rise to his feet. My back stiffened as he made his way over to me, resting a hand on my shoulder. I stood completely still, not even moving an inch when he bent down to where his lips were against my ear.

"Please follow me."

He straightened back up and started walking away, allowing me to finally let out the breath I was holding. I didn't get to relax for long because I quickly followed him, increasing my pace so I wouldn't fall behind. We silently walked down a hallway, coming to a stop in front of a set of double doors. I debated in my head whether I should make a run for it or not. What would the chances be of Mr. Knight catching me? Probably high due to the fact I was wearing heels and I had difficulties just walking in them. If I made a run for it, I would surely fall on my face and he would catch me. But would he actually try to catch me? Even if he didn't catch me I would surely still piss him off and get on his bad side. Getting on his bad side was one thing I definitely did not want to do. So instead of tucking tail and getting the hell out of there, I followed him into the office and let him shut the door behind us. I stopped in the middle of the room and took in my surroundings. Both walls were made of shelves, which held countless of books. A desk sat in front of me, where a single laptop sat along with a lamp.

"Th-this is a lovely office, Mr. Knight," I stuttered out. Why was I alone in his office? What was he going to do to me? What exactly did he want from me?

I didn't have to question the situation for long before Mr. Knight started circling around me. My back stiffened and I stood completely still, keeping my eyes forward. I felt like someone standing still in the hopes of the predator not seeing them, but Mr. Knight knew I was there. I was fucked. The tightening of my throat and chest definitely didn't help me. With my luck I was going to faint in the middle of the room, allowing Mr. Knight to do whatever the fuck he wanted to me.

"I can see why my son is fond of you," He mumbled. He was out of my line of sight, but I could feel him stepping closer to me. I could feel the heat radiating off of him as he stood inches away from my back. I flinched as his cold hands brushed against my neck as he moved my hair behind my back. I could physically feel my airway starting to constrict, what if thoughts racing through my head. I was starting to finally understand why I caught Mr. Knight's attention. He was attracted to me. Mr. Knight was fucking attracted to me. I wasn't sure if I should've been scared or disgusted. As much as I was disturbed by the thought, the fear was taking over my thought process. Where was Jaxson when you needed him?