Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

I wanted to die. I felt like I was already dying with the pain in my chest that didn't seem to want to go away. No how many pain pills I took; they did nothing for my aching chest.

"I don't think this is a good idea," David grunted.

"Shut up hot guy, this is how girls get over a break up," Carolina pipped up through the computer. I gave David a pointed look, which he huffed at and turned back to his conversation with Henry. As much as I tried to ignore their talking, it was hard to when they were literally right next to me in my bedroom.

"Did you see his new tattoo?" Henry asked, trying to keep his voice low. It didn't work and I still heard him while I scavenged through my closet for something to wear.

"Of course I saw it, it's blue and on his neck, that's kind of hard to miss," David retorted.

"Do you know what it is?"

"It's a flower."

"It's a lily," Henry muttered, his eyes flickering over to where I stood. I quickly turned back to the clothes in front of me but I took a small step towards them.

"There's something he's not telling us," David said, his back stiff as he realized what the tattoo actually was. Henry gave him a sharp nod and neither of them said anything else, forcing me to actually turn my attention to picking out an outfit.

"Wait, stop! That dress is perfect!" Carolina squealed. I went back to the previous dress, but froze when I realized which one it actually was. It was the dress I wore to the Knight's house.

"I can't wear that one," I told her while going back to shifting through the dresses. I couldn't, all it did was bring back bad memories. Actually, most of the memories were good. Jaxson bought me the dress, and it was also the dress I wasn't wearing for the first and only time we had sex. Of course those memories only made me want to cry, knowing that Jaxson was just using me for who knows what. It was also the dress I was wearing when Mr. Knight first tried to rape me. I couldn't wear it.

"I will come over there and bitch slap you if you don't put it on."

"You're too far away," I mumbled but went back to the dress. Before I could change my mind, I quickly tore the dress off the hanger and exited the bedroom. I made my way into the bathroom and threw the dress on before I could think twice about it. I avoided looking at the dress as I slathered makeup on in an attempt to hide my red cheeks and puffy eyes. It only managed to hide my crying features a little, but it was enough to make me look presentable.

I headed back into my bedroom to see that Henry and David were still standing in the same spot and Carolina was trying desperately to get them to keep up a conversation with them.

"How do I look?" I asked, stepping in front of the laptop for Carolina to see. The approving nod she gave me only reassured me about the look a little.

"You look hot. I would fuck you if I was into you," She grinned. I couldn't help the small

smile that made its way onto my face at her humor.

"Thanks. I'll let you know how the party goes," I reassured her.

"You better. Also, I'm definitely planning on flying to see you soon. Have fun!" She shrieked before hanging up. I let out a sigh and plastered a fake smile on my face before turning towards the two bad boys.

"Ready?" I raised an eyebrow at them while resting my hands on my hips. They exchanged a look and I already knew what they were going to say before Henry opened his mouth.