Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Pain. Pain was the only thing that I could feel, along with the ringing in my ears. But pain was a good thing, especially since it meant that I was alive. I was alive, right?

"Lily!" Jaxson's voice reached my ears. My eyes flung open to see that we were still outside, showing me that barely anytime had passed since I had closed my eyes. Mr. Knight was nowhere to be seen but Jaxson's face hovered above mine. His eyes were red with unshed as his hands pressed against my chest. My eyes followed his arms down to see that blood was pouring out around his hands, completely soaking my clothing. Shit.

"Jaxson," I whispered, my voice hoarse. Jaxson's eyes met mine, so much pain shining in them that I wanted to cry. I wanted to do whatever it took to take it away from him, to bring the beautiful smile back on his face.

"Stay with me, baby," He muttered, the fear clear in his voice. That was when the reality of the situation hit me. Jaxson thought I was going to die. Oh shit, I was going to die. It was something I wanted since Jake broke up with me and yet I was dreading it. I didn't want to die.

"I'm scared."

I was terrified. I wanted to live, to stay with Jaxson and see his smile every day for the rest of my life. He made me happy and I didn't want to lose that so soon. Except it seemed like I didn't have a choice. My eyes kept fluttering shut and I wanted nothing more than just let the unbearable pain take me over. As much as I wanted to stay with Jaxson, I also wanted the pain to end.

"I know, baby, just don't leave me," Jaxson's voice broke, causing me to force my eyes open. The tears were spilling over and onto his cheeks and all I wanted to do was reach up and wipe them away, but my arms felt too weak to move.

"You're Jaxson Knight, you'll be fine without me," I smiled slightly as a chuckle escaped my lips. A wave of exhaustion ran through me and I closed my eyes, not being able to fight it any longer. Darkness consumed me as Jaxson's last words reached my ears.

"No I won't, I love you."

***************************************************************

I slowly opened my eyes as the sound of voices reached my ears. Bright lights blinded me for a second, but after a few blinks my eyes were finally adjusting to the light. The first thing I saw was a picture of a half-naked girl hanging on the wall and it didn't take me long to figure out where I was. I was alive.

The smell of cigarette smoke reached my nose and my eyes traveled over to Jaxson, who stood by an open window. I watched as he raised the cigarette to his mouth and breathed in all the horrible chemicals. So gross.

"Don't you know that shit kills?" I grumbled, glaring at his cigarette. Jaxson spun around so fast that it almost gave me whiplash and he was by my side in a second, the cigarette no longer in his hand. Instead his hands were resting against my cheeks and his stormy eyes piercing into mine.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," He muttered before his lips were on mine. I melted against his lips, but I was quick to push him off.

"You taste and smell disgusting. Me almost dying is no excuse for you to smoke," I scrunched my nose up in disgust. Jaxson's eyes darkened at my words and his lips were on mine again, totally ignoring my words. I let out a sigh and kissed him back, no longer caring that he smelled and tasted horrible. Our lips moved together in sync and it felt absolutely amazing. I was so happy I was alive.

The door opening pulled us away from each other and I turned to see David and Henry enter the room, McDonalds bags in their hands.

"Hey Jaxson-" Henry started but stopped when his eyes landed on me. He literally dropped the food he was holding, thankfully David was the one with the drinks, and took long strides over to me. Jaxson stepped away slightly as Henry reached my side, throwing his arms around me. He lifted me up slightly and seemed to squeeze me as tight as he could, causing pain to shoot through my chest.