Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I let out a sigh as soon as I stepped out of the plane, happy to finally be back in Texas. In all honesty I wouldn't have mind staying on the plane a little longer since Jaxson had bought us first class seats, but it was good to be home.

"I could've stayed on that plane a little longer," A voice spoke up behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see that David had a grin on his face, for once. Him and Henry took full advantage of riding first class, even taking out their fake IDs to have a couple of drinks. They were fully relaxed during the flight, which Jaxson rolled his eyes at. He focused his attention on me the entire time, mostly because I was high and was pretty giddy. As someone who hated flying, I thought it would be for the best if I was stoned for the flight and man, it was definitely worth it.

"Hey, he smiles!" I giggled, pointing at David. That caused the smile to quickly wipe off his face and it turned to a glare. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it again when Jaxson wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I turned my attention to him. I instantly snuggled up under his arm, a goofy grin covering my features.

"Try not to piss David off," Jaxson grunted, lowering his head to whisper it in my ear. A shiver went down my spine but I took his position as a chance to lunge towards him, attaching my lips to his. My legs felt like gelation as his lips moved against mine, causing my body to tingle all over. I completely forgot about the world around us, but the kiss ended all too soon when Jaxson pulled away. My lips formed a pout but the kiss took my breath away.

All I could do was grin like an idiot as Jaxson pulled me through the not so crowded airport. It didn't take us long to get out of the airport, seeing as we didn't check in any suitcases, and we walked through the parking garage. My eyes scanned the cars we passed by, too busy trying to find out of state license plates that I didn't notice Jaxson come to a halt in front of me. I rammed straight into his back, causing me to stumble back while he didn't move a muscle. I glared at his back, but stopped when I noticed that David and Henry stood on either side of Jaxson, all of their postures stiff. I stood on my toes to peer over their shoulders, my eyes landing first on a Dodge Charger. My eyes flicked to the left to see a figure leaning against the beautiful car. Shadows covered his face but I could see that he sported slacks and a dress shirt. I watched as the figure stood up, stepping into the florescent light.

"I see that you were able to rescue the girl," His voice sent chills down my spine. Even the weed in my system couldn't help the fear that shot through my body as I quickly hid behind my bad boy. I let myself focus on the feeling of Jaxson's back as I leaned into him, ignoring the swirling thoughts of my death that threatened to drown me.

"No thanks to you," Jaxson sneered. He reached behind him and I slipped my hand in his, finding a small amount of reassurance with his tight squeeze.

"Hand her over, son. She's just a slut that will only cause our family trouble," Mr. Knight said. Within a second his hand was out of mine and his body was no longer against mine. I watched as he charged at his father, swinging his fist only to catch air. Mr. Knight easily side stepped his son before reaching behind his back. In one swift moment a handgun rested in his hand, the barrel staring straight at my cowering figured. I didn't dare move, keeping my eyes on the gun that could kill me at any moment. Of course that was the moment I realized that I wasn't ruining everything with a panic attack, which I would celebrate if I got out of the situation alive.

Before my life could flash before my eyes, Mr. Knight was tackled to the ground, the sound of a gunshot echoing through the garage. At the piercing sound, my body hit the floor, but a second later I was being pulled up and thrown inside the Charger. As soon as I heard doors slamming shut, the car roared to life, tires squealing while we got the hell out of there. I took in a few deep breaths, letting oxygen feel my lungs in an attempt to calm myself down. I went to grab for Jaxson, but I came up empty handed. I quickly sat up straight to see that the only other person in the car with me was Henry, who was driving the car.