Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I stared at the wall, my body screaming at me to get some rest but I couldn't fall asleep. I felt sleep deprive, which I probably was since one of the side effects of the antipsychotics was insomnia. It definitely didn't help that Dr. Powell increased the dosage for my medication, which brought in more side effects. Not only did I still have insomnia, it made me feel tired 24/7, my vision was blurry, my thoughts were even more slowed down, and I was constantly nauseous. I had no clue what they were giving me, but I was sure it wasn't the normal medicine since Dr. Powell was working for Mr. Knight. At least he was if I was actually sane like I thought I was.

The sound of the door opening pulled me out of my thoughts and I quickly sat up, my eyes darting to the door. Xavier stood in the doorway, a grin on his face as he held up a finger to his mouth. The more I looked at him, the more I couldn't help but think he was Jaxson's brother I never knew about. I wasn't even sure they were related; it could just be a coincidence that they had the same last name. I probably insane for thinking they were related, but I couldn't ignore the feeling that they were. He had the same adorable dimples that Jaxson had, along with having the same color hair and almost the same color eyes. He also had a similar body built from Jaxson, which I found very weird since Jaxson used that as an advantage on his badass reputation while Xavier just seemed like a giant teddy bear.

"Come on," He whispered, waving me to him. I quietly slid off the bed, not caring enough to put my shoes on as I followed him out the door. The keys in his hands lightly jingled while we made our way down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked, not being able to stop myself. I knew then probably wasn't the best time to start questioning Xavier since we were trying to be as quiet as possible, but I needed to know. For all I knew I could be sneaking down the hall of a mental hospital with fucking Jaxson's brother. Jaxson had never mentioned having a brother and I didn't recall there ever being one at school. The only Knight kid everyone knew about was Jaxson and it was like that since I could remember. It was just too much of a coincidence to not be possible.

The only thing I got that was close to an answer was Xavier lightly shushing me. I wanted to open my mouth to push him, but I forced myself to keep it closed. Instead we glided across the abandoned cafeteria and down a pitched black hallway. Xavier came to a hard stop and I almost ran into his back but stopped myself in time. His hand grabbed my wrist and a small yelp escaped my mouth as he pulled me into an unlocked room. I couldn't see what it was, but I didn't need to because he pushed me up against the wall and rested his hand over my lips. Fear shot through me at the position we were in. I had literally just met Xavier and he had the same dangerous build as Jaxson, meaning that he could probably kill me with his bare hands. It didn't help that we were literally in a mental hospital and as much as I didn't want to be prejudice against it, Xavier could have a psychotic break down since he was schizophrenic. Shit, I was definitely going to die.

While I was preparing to be murdered by Jaxson's possible older brother, the sound of footsteps reached my ears. The room lit up slightly as a light was shined through the window on the door, but it was only for a second before it was pitched black again and the footsteps faded. I let out a sigh I didn't realize I was holding in as I realized that we were hiding from the security guard, not because Xavier was going to stab me to death. Just like that Xavier let go of me and we were back on our journey to what I was assuming Dr. Powell's office. After what felt like an eternity, Xavier came to a stop in front of a door and quietly unlocked it. We tiptoed in, the door softly clicking behind us. Xavier turned on a lamp, showing me that we were actually in Dr. Powell's office.