VII

Flower Child

Flower Child

Rosemary searched the halls for Jughead during homeroom, sending him another text as she turned around the corner. Just as the text delivered, Rosemary bumped right into someone, both of them head butting each other. Rosemary groaned, a sharp pain filling her head. She looked up to see Jughead standing above her, also rubbing his head.

"Crap," Rosemary hissed and quickly got up, reaching out and beginning to inspect Jughead's head. "Is there a bump?"

"I'm fine, Rosie," Jughead assured her. "How about you? That pretty little head of yours still on one piece?"

"Mostly," Rosemary shrugged, and then remembered why she was looking for Jughead. "Oh, crap, I had something for you."

Jughead looked down at the panicking girl, who looked around the floor for something. She smiled in recognition and reached under the water fountain and picking up a yellow rose that matched the one in her hair. Rosemary reached forwards and moved some of Jughead's dark hair out of the way and slipped the flower behind his ear, folding the hat over it so it wouldn't fall.

"The yellow means friendship," Rosemary informed the dark boy, who looked slightly ridiculous with his entire dark attire and bright yellow flower in his hair.

"Want to help me find Archie, Flower Child?" Jughead asked. Rosemary shrugged and nodded, following him as they searched for their redheaded friend.

"Good morning students," Said Principal Weatherbee's voice over the loudspeaker that echoed throughout the whole entire school. "This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly, it is happening, as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller."

Rosemary's ears perked at the mention of Sheriff Keller, knowing fairly well that he would be going to mention Jason Blossom's body.

"Most of you already know the details," Came Keller's voice over the loudspeaker. "But your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as if the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation."

"And may I interject," Cheryl Blossom's voice echoed in the speaker, catching both Jughead and Rosemary off guard. Cheryl wasn't a quiet person and usually made everything about her public, but no one expected her to be speaking out this early. "Neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged, and his cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag Riverdale strong."

Both Jughead and Rosemary snorted at Cheryl's part worded, but Rosemary hit his arm, trying to be scolding and stop him from laughing while she was doing the same thing as him.