XXVIII

Slaughtered By A Serpent

Rosemary parked her bike in the parking lot at the Pembrooke where Veronica lived with her mom, which was also where Polly's baby shower was being hosted. She yanked off her jeans to reveal that the white shirt she wore was actually a t-shirt dress. She hung her jeans and jacket on her motorcycle and pulled out a pair of heels out of the pouch that hung on the side. She replaced her sneakers with her white pumps and ran her fingers through her hair to try and make it less windblown. She also grabbed her small grey purse and walking into the Pembrooke, her heels clicking on the tile as she made her way towards Veronica's apartment. She applied her nude lipstick she pulled out of her purse and then pulled out the small paper bag that held her present for Polly.

Hesitantly, she knocked on the door and it was answered by Hermione Lodge, who was a little surprised that Rosemary was coming since Veronica told her that she had told both Betty and Veronica that she would be busy at the time of the baby shower.

Rosemary stepped in and her eyes instantly locked with Betty and Polly, who were talking. in front of the fireplace. Rosemary made her way over to the Cooper sisters and pulled Polly into a tight embrace, rocking back and forth slightly with the mother to be.

"Rose," Polly gasped as she smiled down at the shorter blonde girl. "I thought you wouldn't be able to make it!"

"Change of plans," Rosemary shrugged, running her hand through her hair again nervously to try and tame it a bit more. "I wanted to show my support for you, Polly. You're going to be an amazing mother."

Rosemary held out her present for Polly, who took it thankfully and then handed it to Betty to put on the present table. Polly and Rosemary talked for a small bit but when Rosemary and Jughead locked eyes from across the room she excused herself and walked over, faking a wide smile as she approached the dark-haired boy who stood next to the dessert table.

"You look nice," Jughead nodded towards the blonde, eyeing her blown out hair. "But I thought you said you couldn't make it. Something about a family emergency with Cameron."

"I lied," Rosemary shrugged as she picked up a small chocolate dipped oreo ball and popped it in her mouth, continuing her sentence with her mouth full. "I honestly thought this wouldn't be my scene."

"A party, not your scene?" Jughead asked the blonde with a raised eyebrow. "Who are you and what did you do with Rosemary."

'We don't even know who you are anymore.'

Rosemary faked a laughed with Jughead as Archie's words echoed in her head. She reached and quickly shoved another oreo ball in her mouth before excusing herself and making her way over to where Nana Rose was doing something with Polly.

"This necklace reads the baby's aura," Nana Rose informed poly as she swung the necklace over Polly's hand. At this point, the entire party was watching in interest. "Predicts the sex."