XXXV

Weirdo

Weirdo

 ⧊  

Rosemary couldn't have been happier as she and Reggie danced on the dance floor, their bodies so close together people would have thought what they were doing was rated R. Their lips were interlocked as their bodies grinded together, red solo cups filled with random alcohol in their hands. Dilton Doiley was DJing the party and Archie's living room had turned into the dance floor.

Archie was screaming his head off as he bounced around the dance floor, drunk out of mind as he cheered on Deven Dayholt as he chugged a beer. Cheryl and Moose were grinding and locking lips on the dance floor, their movements very similar to what Reggie and Rosemary were doing. To the side, Veronica stood with Kevin and Joaquin, watching the partying teens intently.

Archie stumbled over to Reggie and Rosemary, quickly grabbing her arm to try and pull her away from Reggie. Rosemary flipped him off as her and Reggie heavily made out on the dance floor, but sighed and pulled away when he tugged on her arm again.

"Can I borrow her?" Archie asked Reggie, who shrugged and nodded.

The two passionately kissed for another second before pulling away, Reggie cheeking on Deven and he chugged another beer. Archie pulled Rosemary after him through the garage door and into the room where Jughead lazily was relaxing with Archie's dog Vegas. Rosemary was a giggling mess at this point and slumped down in a bean bag chair, waving Vegas over. The dog happily trotted over to the girl, who scratched his head and whispered kind things to him.

"Dude," Archie said to Jughead quickly in excitement. "Valerie just got here. You think she wants me back?"

"Archie," Jughead sighed, slightly glaring up at this drunken friend. "As my blood-brother, it was your sole responsibility to ensure that something like this never happened on my birthday. And now we're here. In the middle of a Seth Roden movie."

"This was Betty's idea," Archie quickly moved the blame off of him. "Okay? I just went along with it."

"It's so not me," Jughead complained, making rosemary snort and roll her eyes, raising her eyebrow across the room at her beanie-wearing friend.

"It doesn't matter, Jug," Rosemary shrugged as she scratched behind Vegas' hear, giggling slightly. "You're her boyfriend now."

"What does that mean?" Jughead shot back. Rosemary knew Jughead had never dated anyone before Betty so he didn't really understand the whole dating someone thing, but she thought it was pretty obvious.

"It means," Rosemary continued. "You're getting a birthday party whether you want one or not. Sorry, sweetheart, but that's how relationships work."

Jughead scoffed and there was a soft knocking at the door. The three of them looked up, expecting to see Betty walk in, but their eyes widened when FP Jones walked into the garage with a present neatly wrapped and tucked under his arm.