XXVI

Breathe

Breathe

Rosemary stomped down the hallway angrily, her eyes flicking from person after person. Her hazel eyes were filled with a fiery rage and people quickly moved out of her way in fear of them gettings trapped in the blonde's hurricane of frustration. Jughead was standing at his locker talking to Archie when Rosemary stomped by, both boys frowning as they saw her anger.

"Rosie?" Archie's voice called out the second he saw Rosemary. What's-"

"Stay out of my way, Andrews," Rosemary spat as her heels clicked on the tile. She was yanked back by Jughead, who gripped onto her wrist and tugged her back. "Jughead I swear, if you don't let me go I will break your arm."

Jughead looked into Rosemary's eyes and almost flinched at the sheer vexation that filled them. Slowly, he let go of her wrist and watched as she spun on her heels and looked around the hallway, her eyes landing on a curly haired river vixen who was walking to class. Archie and Jughead followed her gaze and watched as she stomped right in front of Angelina Adenhart and threw her fist right into her cheek.

The hallway went silent as the sound of Rosemary's fist slamming into Angelina's cheekbone filled the air. Angelina's body slammed into the lockers next to her and she clutched her cheek.

"Teach your little asshole of a brother some fucking manners!" Rosemary yelled at Angelina before lunging forwards. Rosemary went to throw another punch but Archie Andrew's arms were wrapped tightly around her arms as he lifted her in the air.

"Let me go, Andrews!" Rosemary's voice screamed as her body thrashed. Jughead told Angelina to leave, who quickly nodded and ran off.

Jughead then grabbed Rosemary's kicking legs and the entire hallway filled with students watched as the two carried the thrashing blonde into the closest empty classroom. Jughead let go of Rosemary's legs once he closed the door behind them and locked it. Archie let her go as well and she ran for the door, but Jughead wrapped his arms around her to hold her back.

Rosemary thrashed in his arms, kicking, punching, and screaming as she tried to break free. Archie stood to the side and watched as Jughead just squeezed Rosemary and rocked back and forth, whispering things in her ear she couldn't hear until she calmed down and was left hugging Jughead tightly and taking deep, calming breaths.

"What the hell, Rose?" Archie finally spoke up after fifteen minutes of silence. "You can't just walk up to people and punch them in the face."

"The hell I can't," Rosemary turning in Jughead's arms so her back was against his chest, him still not letting her go in case she had another burst of anger. "Her brother is screwing over my brother and making his life miserable! I got home from school the other night to find him curled up in his room with the lights off crying to himself because her brother called him a faggot and all this other awful shit! Last night I got home to the same thing, but turns out her punk brother spraypainted the word 'faggot' on his locker! His locker, Archie!"