XL

Peachy

Peachy

    ⧊    

"Super delicious, Mrs. C," Jughead complimented from Rosemary's side at the Cooper resident dining table.

On one side sat FP and then Jughead and Rosemary. At one of the heads of the table, next to Rosemary, sat Amelia. Across the table from Amelia was Alice Cooper's seat and across from Jughead sat Betty. Jughead and Rosemary never told Betty that they were going to the dance as a date, but she got the hint when she saw that their outfits matched.

Jughead wore an all-black suit with a purple tie that matched Rosemary's dress and his famous crown beanie on his head, the rosemary flower gleaming from the hanging lights above them. Rosemary was in a purple dress that was tight on her top and flowed down around her legs. On her feet were three-inch black heels that lifted her to five foot five next to Jughead's six-foot height. Her bangs were resting on her forehead and her hair went down her back in loose curls. Her jewelry consisted of a rose gold necklace and matching earrings along with a snake ring her mother gave her when she became a serpent. Her makeup was very natural and her skin looked like it was almost glowing.

Rosemary looked up from her meal and over to Jughead, who was staring back at her. Slowly, he leaned forward so his mouth was next to her ear.

"You look beautiful," Jughead whispered, making Rosemary's cheeks tinted pink. They linked hands beneath the table and they squeezed each other's hands back and force playfully.

"Been a long time since I ate something that didn't come in a combo meal or a snack pack," FP joked. Amelia nodded and raised her glass towards him.

"So," Alice sighed as she sat down. "Fp, Amelia... Betty tells me that you two work for Fred Andrews now. How do you balance that with all of your other responsibilities?"

"You mean like being parents?" Amelia asked as she put a piece of steak in her mouth.

"And being a part of the Southside community," Alice added, making Rosemary squeeze Jughead's hand and snap her head to face the blonde woman.

"Mom."

"Alice."

"You can say Southside Serpent, Alice," FP shrugged, ignoring Betty and Rosemary's glares towards Alice. "We're not ashamed. And it's not just us two. There's a bunch of us working on Fred's site."

Rosemary felt Jughead rub his thumb on the top of Rosemary's tightly gripped hand, slowly her grip softening as she sent him a small, sad smile.

"So," Alice continued. "If you don't mind me asking, I mean, I'm just curious, how did you two make your living before that?"

"We scraped by," Amelia shrugged. "Odd jobs."

The room went into an awkward silence again and Rosemary reached over to Jughead's plate and took one of his green beans, even though she had a pile on her own plate. He rolled his eyes and took one of hers, sticking his tongue out at her playfully as he ate the green bean.

Rosemary ⋇ Jughead JonesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara