XXXIV

Sweet Sixteen

Sweet Sixteen

Rosemary knocked on the Andrews' household's front door, patiently waiting for someone to open the door for her. She shivered slightly, her outfit not appropriate for the cold weather. She wore a cropped white sweater and a light wash denim skirt. Her feet were in her vintage white pumps and her hair was straightened and let down so it hung down her back, her newly trimmed bangs resting on her forehead. She wore minimal makeup but her lips were painted their crimson dark color she had grown to love so much. For her jacket she wore a plain leather jacket, knowing that Ethel would be at the party and she didn't know about Rosemary's association with the Serpents.

"Hey, Rose," Archie smiled as he opened the door for her. "C-Come on in!"

Rosemary frowned slightly, Archie's demeanor was being a lot different than it usually was. His feet weren't stable under him and his eyes were fogged over slightly. His cheeks were flushed a light pink and Rosemary saw a red solo cup in his hand.

"Archie Andrews, are you drunk?" Rosemary asked as she walked in, a grey paper gift bang in her hands with Jughead's present inside.

"Just a little bit," Archie shrugged. "Jughead's present can go up in my room."

Rosemary nodded and left the tipsy ginger, making her way up the stairs and into Archie's room. She placed Jughead's present with his stuff and also left her jacket with it since she didn't plan on going outside. When she went downstairs she saw Kevin and Joaquin, both with red solo cups in their hands and talking to Ethel.

"If it's a double feature," Ethel turned to the couple and blonde girl, who took Joaquin's cup out of his hand and sipping from it. "Does that mean I have time to go to the bathroom?"

"I'd hold it, Ethel," Kevin told her, making her sighed and uncomfortably lean against the wall.

A sigh came from behind Rosemary and she felt an arm lazily get thrown over her shoulder and the stench of alcohol making her nose scrunch up. She looked up at Archie Andrews, who had his solo cup refilled with whatever alcohol he was drinking.

"Gosh, Arch," Rosemary groaned. "You reek."

The sound of the door open made everyone excitedly gasp and turn, quickly yelling a 'surprise'. Rosemary was the only one who didn't since she saw that the person entering wasn't Jughead and Betty, but Veronica Lodge.

"Do I look like Jughead to you?" Veronica rolled her eyes and walked over to the group just as Kevin's phone buzzed.

"Oh," Kevin called out to the group. "Betty just texted me. They're almost here. You've met Joaquin, right, Veronica?"

"I haven't had the pleasure," Veronica shook her head and took Joaquin's hand in a firm handshake. She then turned to Archie and grabbed his arm, dragging him away from the group. Rosemary's interest perked and she followed them. "Also, I thought it was inner-circle only tonight?"