XVII

It's a Date

It's a Date

Every town has one. The spooky house that all the kids avoid. Riverdale's was Thornhill, the Blossom family's mansion, with its very own graveyard. In its haunting walls with a gothic heroine, was Cheryl Blossom. Still grieving for her beloved brother, Jason. Linked in death, even as they were in life.

"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed," Kevin Keller said, putting together the murder board in the Blue and Gold office.

"Any leads on who did that?" Jughead asked from his spot leaning against a desk. Rosemary snapped a couple pictures of the murder board with her camera to make sure they had some type of copy of it. "Or what they were looking for?"

"Nope," Kevin shook his head. "No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews."

Rosemary eyes Jughead from where she sat. The two hadn't talked since the drive-in and Rosemary was heartbroken. Jughead wouldn't even look in her direction. Rosemary played with the hem of her skirt, taking a deep, shaky breath. She wore a denim skirt with a white turtleneck and her white vintage pumps. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun and she wore a little bit of makeup, concealer under her eyes to hide her dark circles. She had a blue raspberry lollipop in her mouth and the white stick sticking out from between her lips. Her hands weren't bandaged anymore. The cut on her hand was a large, scabby scar and her other hand had slight bruising still, but it didn't hurt anymore. Rosemary had been staying after school working on her tumbling passes in the gym every day, distracting herself from everything going on around her.

The door opened and Trev Brown, Valorie Brown from the Pussycats' brother.

"Hey, Betty," Trev's face lit up at the sight of the blonde cooper.

"Trev, hi," Betty smiled back at the dark-skinned football player.

"Sorry to interrupt-"

"No," Rosemary pulled the lollipop out of her mouth. "You're fine, Trev. We're just working on-"

"Our murder board," Jughead finished her sentence, making her send him a quick glare and then turning back to Trev with a tight-lipped smile, obviously stopping herself from snapping at the beanie-wearing boy.

"Well," Trev said awkwardly, turning back to Betty. "I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?"

"Absolutely," Betty nodded. "It's a date."

Jughead's face contorted to a look of shock, jealousy, and confusion while Kevin raised an eyebrow at Betty. Rosemary snickered and shoved her lollipop back in her mouth and started playing around with her camera, feeling Jughead's eyes burn into the side of her head.