Goodnight

I stared at nii-san as he looked at me coldly. Tears were dried my my face, yet more poured from my eyes. I stared in shock at him.

"Foolish little brother. If you wish to kill me, hate me, detest me. And yet survive in an unsightly way. Run, run and cling to life." Nii-san said in a chilling voice. I was beyond terrified

I didn't know for sure, but before I collapsed to the ground, I thought I saw nii-san crying. 

I would never know for sure.

Suddenly I'm in Madara's hideout. I just killed nii-san, and relished the feeling of pride. Madara walked in. I stare at him. 

"Like you, I am a survivor of the Uchiha Clan," Madara began. I looked at him tiredly. He proved it by takin his mask off slightly and showing me his eyes.

"And the only one who knows the truth about Uchiha Itachi." My eyes widened and my eyes turn into an oblivion of red, showing three tomeos, with a distinguished feature... My Sharingan. Specifically, my Mangekyō Sharingan. Blood pored my from my eyes as I glared at the masked man. My eyes flash and a black flame erupts on Madara's shoulder. 

"It can't be!" Madara yelled out in surprise and panic. He stumbles back.

But suddenly he comes back. And now I'm tied up. Madara explained he sent the black flame, my Amaterasu to another dimension I roll my eyes.

"You wouldn't listen otherwise." He said tiredly. I give up and listen to Madara.

"It was the Kyuubi's attack sixteen years ago. Baseless suspicions arose as a result. They thought the Uchiha was planning a rebellion in an attempt to take a seat of power. Afterwards, they were monitored all the time by the ANBU and were forced to live in a small corner of the village. They were effectively quarantined," Madara said calmly. He took a breath, then started again.

"Their lack of trust gave rise to ill-feelings, and then their suspicions were turned into reality. The Uchiha Clan planned a coup d'etat to take control of the village." Madara said. I made a noise, as I was in shock. Was this really true?

"So Konoha's superiors planted a spy within the Uchiha Clan... and that spy was your older brother." Madara said. My heart skipped a beat.

"It was Uchiha Itachi. And thats when Itachi's hell began." Madara ominously revealed.

I was shaking. "The Uchiha planned a coup d'etat? Itachi... was a spy?" My eyes wavered at the revelation . Madara just stared at me.

"Even though you were an Uchiha, you were still sheltered from the truth. You were still just a child, after all. But this is the truth... Your father Fugaku was the mastermind of the coup d'etat." Madara said.

No way. Oto-san... wanted to do something like that? How?

"And Itachi, under your fathers orders, entered the ANBU as a spy. However, is the the opposite of that. Itachi was leaking intel on the Uchiha to Konaha superiors." Madara said. I was in shock. Nii-san... was a double spy?

Madara went on to explain Itachis secret life that I never knew. MY mind was replaying events. It was so much to process.

"Itachi was a double spy. You cant even imagine how much burden that was on him,"  Madara said calmly. I was anything but.

"Why? Why did Itachi betray the Uchiha?" I yelled. Why would nii-san betray us?

Madara explained that it was because of the war. The Third Great Ninja War. He explained every detail of Itachis life. Every. Single. Detail. Itachi hated war. He saw so many people died when he was only four. He was a pacifist.

That the village superiors to advantage of that. In order to defeat the Uchiha, they needed and eye to an eye. In other words, a Sharingan. He had a mission, which only he could do.

Annihilate the Uchiha Clan.

Everything is a blur. Everything. I scream in guilt and regret. I feel so empty. 

"Sasuke, whats wrong?" A voice calls out. My eyes fly open. I'm not 16 anymore. I'm 24. I'm in a bed in the Uchiha Compound where two other people live with me. My wife and daughter. I turn over, and I see a pink haired, green eyed beauty, her eyes showing worry. I look at the clock.

Its 3:35 AM. A nightmare.

"Sasuke, whats wrong? Did you have another nightmare? You yelled so loudly, it sounded like you were scared." Sakura says in a worried voice. I look at Sakura deeply, in her green eyes.

"Nothing... I just..." I should tell her! She's the one I trust the most.

"I had a nightmare of when I was 16. When I learned the truth about Itachi. I killed my brother without knowing the truth. That he was a hero, not a..." I say, my eyes dull, my voice cracking. Sakura opened her eyes even more. I was never like this in front of anyone. Rarely in front of my own wife. I feel so weak and vulnerable in front of her. How embarrassing.

Suddenly are wrapped around me, tight. My eyes widen at the sudden action.

"Sasuke. When you killed your brother... you didn't know the truth. You didn't know anything. You were traumatized by the murder of your whole clan. When you killed him you didn't know. Your brother, Itachi-san died as he wanted to. He loved you so much. I think, no, I know, he forgave you. Don't think of yourself as a murderer. He never thought of you that way." Sakura softly says, whispering in my my ear.

Tears fill my eyes and they fall on Sakura hair.

"How do you know? How do you know for sure?" I mumble.

"Because he killed everybody except the brother he loved. When I was 16, Naruto found out the truth as well and told me. I knew immediately what a hero your brother was." Sakura replies with a soft smile. I smile back and hug her. She tensed but relaxed into my embrace. My feeling for her grew and grew as my heart filled with love for her.

"Thank you. Thank you for loving me even when I was lost in the darkness. Thank you for hugging me, cooking for me, laughing with me. Thank you for talking to me, for being next to me. Thank you for giving me our 4 year old daughter. Thank you for everything Sakura. I love you so, so, so much." I reply as I hug her. I was so lucky to have her with me.

"I love you too Sasuke. I have always loved you. I won't leave your side. I'll stay and fight with you." Sakura says back.

We stay in our hug position until morning.  I drift off to sleep and don't have another nightmare.. Thanks to Sakura. My wife. My love. My everything.

____

"Sasuke finally found love and kindness, huh? I'm happy for him." Itachi said out loud in heaven. His voice echoed, and he saw the corner of his eye, his friend/crush coming.

"Itachi! Don't Sasuke-kun and Sakura-chan look so cute together?" Izumi said as she giggled over to him.

"Yeah.. I hope one day we'll be like that." Itachi mumbled so Izumi couldn't hear.

"What was that Itachi?" Izumi asked with a curious look on her face. Itachi shook his head and gave a smile.

"Lets go back to the Uchiha Compound, Izumi and eat some dango, okay?" Itachi asks. He hoped Izumi didn't hear him.

"Yeah, lets go!" Izumi says excitedly and runs off. Itachi sighs and quickly ran after her.

___________

OHHHHH YEAH!

SASUSAKU MOMENT.

SASUKE IN REGRET MOMENT!

SASUKE AND ITACHI MOMENT. 

ITAIZU MOMENT!

VOTE

COMMENT

REQUEST

- ALICA ROUX!