Tension

A raven haired man silently walk on the sidewalk, speaking on his phone. It was an early Monday morning, a little chilly, considering it was Chicago. He turned his head a little and saw a girl with bubble gum hair glaring at him. He narrowed his eyes and gave a harsh glare back, sticking out his tongue. The girl let out a hmph and stamped her foot.

"God, HE is so annoying." Sakura Haruno whispered to her best friend, Hinata Hyuga.

"Oh my god Sakura, I haven't had my morning coffee yet, its 7 AM, A MONDAY and already you're going on about Sasuke-kun. Give it a break, would you?" Hinata said in a tired voice. Sakura huffed and slumped down on a bench close to the two friends. Hinata gave a slight smirk and sat down next to Sakura, cross legged, hand propped on chin.

"Sasuke-kun, Sasuke-kun, Sasuke-kun is all you talk about. I think that you think you hate him, but's it's just maybe that you don't realize your in love with him." Hinata teasingly said. Sakura got up and fury raged in her eyes.

"NO WAY! I HATE SASUKE! HE IS SUCH A PRETENTIOUS JERK AND I HATE HIM AND HE IS AN IDIOT! NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN!" Sakura ferociously roared. Hinata just gave a knowing smile.

"Alright, alright! Calm down! Anyways, I've been meaning to tell you. Naruto-kun is hosting a masquerade ball at the Konoha Ball Room. Its a business announcement of some sort. I've already booked us tickets, and it's tonight. We're getting outta work early, so we can get ready. No buts either." Hinata declared. Sakura raised an eyebrow. To seem innocent, she looked at the sky, which was slowly Turing into a light breezy blue.

"Naruto, huh? Of course you booked us tickets, ne Hinata?" With that, she ran off, with Hinata chasing after her, yelling incoherent words and denying certain allegations.

_______________________________

Dreamily looking out from his office, Naruto Uzumaki gave a hazy smile, admiration radiating from his eyes. Hinata Hyuga, resident HR and beauty of office. She was sitting at her desk, writing a report. She was perfect. Her elegance, her eyes, her persona-

"What is it dobe?" A voice said and it shook Naruto from his fantasies.

"Huh?" Naruto mumbled. Then he realized it was just Sasuke Uchiha, executive of Sage & Rinnegan Tech, second in command to Naruto, who was CEO. He rolled his eyes, and continued to stare at his crush.

"You called me, dobe, because you need to tell me something. But it seems like I should call in Hinata instead." Sasuke smirked. Naruto turned bright red, the color filling his face, and he slowly turned his chair to his best friend.

"Whaaaaaaa...." Naruto dribbled out. Sasuke leaned back in his chair and smirked. Naruto just stared at his desk, not speaking. Not even denying Sasukes "joke".

"Anyways, what is it you wanted to tell me?" Sasuke asked. Naruto shot his head back up and grinned.

"I'm hosting a masquerade ball at the Konoha Ball Room for a business announcement. Its work related, so you're coming, teme. We're getting outta work early too, which is a plus. No buts." Naruto declared. Sasuke sighed.

"Fine. I'll go. But SHE isn't going, right?" Sasuke spat. Naruto rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Oh my god, Sasuke. I was hoping maybe today we would cut off the usual Sakura squabble but no. You just can't seem to stop talking about her. And to answer you're question, yeah, she's coming. She works here, remember? You know what? I think you're hate," Naruto made air quotes at 'hate' then resumed. " Is actually your undying love for her. Sexual tension bro. Admit it already man!" Naruto slyly said. Sasuke narrowed his eyes.

"What. Are. You. Saying. I freaking hate that women. She is so annoying and rude. Don't ever say I like her again, dumbass." Then Sasuke stormed out. Naruto shrugged with a knowing smile, then resumed to his typing.