Prologue

Narrator

What is love? Is it an emotion? A feeling that acts upon itself? A power unseen to mankind? Maybe a desire?

To answer this question, it can be all of those things. But in some cases, it can be something completely different. A dark and evil force that can warp even the purest and innocent to become even as the twisted ones in this world.

Obsession.

And here lies a tale of obsession that world has never known.

Until today.

(y/n)

Hello everyone. My name's (y/n) (y/l/n), and this is my story on how my life turned into a living hell. It wasn't always this bad. I used to live a happy and normal life. And the worst part is that I couldn't even see my world changing, but I guess I couldn't have done much about it anyways, for my life was sealed on that day...

... The day I met those two...

Narrator

(y/n) was a lonely girl when she was ten. She always hid from social events, and never liked to talk to others.

... But then...

"What?! You're sending me to public school!?" (y/n) questioned in shock.

"Yes, we are. We think that it's time you finally become more social. Learn to speak to other kids your age and such." (y/n) father explained.

(y/n)'s eyes started to tear up at the thought of going to a public school.

"Please... Don't make me..."

(y/n)'s mother put a hand on (y/n)'s shoulder in comfort.

"Don't worry (y/n), you'll do just fine."

Though (y/n) didn't believe her words.

... And she had every right to be.

(y/n)

I was terrified. Absolutely terrified. Today was going to be my first day of elementary school. My mother had gotten me a cute outfit so I'd feel more confident in myself, but that didn't help one bit.

Despite sending me to school, my parents still felt compassion on me, and offered to drive me to school, so I wouldn't have to be alone on the bus.

Of course, I accepted.

"Have a great day, Darling! I know you will do just fine!" My mother called out to me, as I took my first few steps to the school.

I turned back around, to see that my mother had already left.

I truly was on my own.

Entering the school, I tried my best to find my way to my classroom.

... But I ended up getting lost...

I didn't want to ask anyone for help, but it didn't seem like I had any other choice.

Deciding that I better get this over with, I walked up to the nearest person who looked to be around my age.

"H-Hello. My n-name's (y/n), and I-I'm lost. C-Can you h-help me?" I questioned, stuttering over so many of my words.

I looked away, waiting for a response.

"Sure. I don't mind. What teacher do you have?" The boy answered, sounding a bit shy himself, but offering to help me regardless of this.

"Mrs. Betoma." I answered.

I could see the boy smile slightly.

"I have her too. This should make things easier for the both of us. Come on, I'll take you there." The boy said, before lightly grabbing my hand, and leading me down the halls.

"T-Thank you f-for helping me..."

The boy smile increased in size.

"You're welcome. If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"(y/n) (y/l/n), and what's your name?" I responded.

"I'm Shuichi Saihara. Nice to meet you."

I had smiled at that moment, but I wouldn't have been if I knew what he was truly capable of.

After some time, we had finally arrived at Mrs. Betoma, where you were barely late.

But since it was the first day, our teacher was very understanding, and just politely asked us to take a seat.

And so, we did.

At the moment, I learned that I would be seated on the edge in the middle, due to assigned seats, with a mischievous-looking boy sitting next to me.

After sitting down, the boy next to me happened to speak to me.

"Hello! My name's Kokichi! What's your name? You look like a lot of fun!" The boy -Kokichi- introduced himself.

At first, I had been happy that someone kind and happy was willing to talk to me.

... If only I had known that it was a lie...

"Nice t-to meet you Kokichi. I-I'm (y/n)." I replied.

"Ooh! What a pretty name! Makes sense for such a pretty girl!"

At the time, I could only blush in response, making Kokichi laugh.

"Yep. I can totally tell that we're going to be the best of friends! Maybe even lovers one day...?"

"L-Lovers?!"

"Kidding, kidding. It's way too early to be thinking about that. Learn to lighten up a bit."

"O-Okay..."

Narrator

And this day was the day (y/n)'s fate was sealed forever.

Now (y/n) wouldn't know this, but her parents would die one year later, forcing her to move in with her grandparents, and forcing her to leave her two friends. Two great friends that would have helped her open up her personality from a shy, timid mess, to a bubbly, happy, and outgoing person.

It was even thanks to Kokichi and Shuichi that (y/n) was able to learn her love for pranks, and becoming the ultimate prankster.

But then again, this story doesn't end here, for (y/n) would come back, and would come face to face with her fate.

Hello! Welcome to my newest Danganronpa fanfiction! I'm really excited for this, and so I'll try to update the first few chapters soon, so newcomers will have a bit to read. After about five chapters, I may slow down a bit, since I'm already working on other stories. But anyway... Is the story any good so far? I love feedback, so if you could give any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Also, this is a non-despair AU, with no killing game. The V3 characters are just going to Hope's Peak as if it was just a normal first year of high school. That's all I have to say, so... Later! =^-^=