Chapter 9: Engaged ( TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE)

Dedicated to MissWordsmith007

So maybe it's true that I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one
Two is better than One,  Boys like Girls

Present  ( The day of engagement)

I was trying really hard not to panic but was failing miserably. Today was the day.

It's today.

Ashley Payne you're getting engaged.

To a monster.

To your ex.

To your enemy.

To a person you hate.

Do you want this?

OMG shut up shut up shut up, inner me!!!
This is already the worst day of my life, stop making it worse,  if that's even possible.

I took in a deep breath. I've got this. It'll be okay. Once this drama gets over, I can finally work on my revenge. Take deep breaths. Take deep breaths.

My mother walked in wearing a purple dress.
" Ashley,  you still haven't gotten ready?! We don't have the entire day. Come on hurry up. We have to reach their house by five. "

The engagement party was being held at Liam's house. They literally had a mansion. The invitees were just family and friends. Talking of friends, Miranda still hadn't arrived. I called her again and thats when the door burst open.

" Dammit woman , I only have two legs! "
" And I only have 30 minutes!  Where were you? "

" Okay homie listen up. Firstly, out of no where you suddenly say that you're going to get married and also to a J. E. R. K.  and you expect me to act all okay and dress you up for the engagement? Oh,  and the fun part,  you're now angry cause I arri-"

" Miranda, I'm so sorry about that. I really am. I'm panicking here. Please let's just get ready. I'll tell you everything at the party. I promise. Please? "

She shifted a bit and looked at her feet,  "Well you're my best friend. I can't really stay mad at you. "

I rushed and hugged her tight, " Now let's get ready, shall we? "

I wore a simple yet elegant white dress that reached my knees. I wasn't too much show-off neither too simple.

I've always loved this dress

I've always loved this dress. Miranda herself got ready and then she made my hair into a an elegant bun, while I straightened hers. I always loved her natural brownish hair. Mine was plain black.

She hurried downstairs and I moved sluggishly.
" Ashley Payne, hurry up and get down right now! ", my mother shouted.

I let out a deep and noisy sigh. I saw my father and he gave me a small smile. I smiled back and locked my arms with his.