Chapter 16 : Wild (RUN AWAY WITH ME)

Packing a bag, we're leaving tonight when everyone's sleeping, sleeping
Let's run away
I'll run away with you
Run away with me, Carley Ray Jepsen

Picture of Isabella above ^ ^
******
Present
Sun rays kissed my skin as if asking to 'rise and shine '. I shifted a bit and slowly opened my eyes. Getting up, I saw the other side to be empty. Well, I didn't take him to be an early riser.

Doing my morning routine I went to the kitchen to prepare tea. Liam still hadn't arrived. I took my cup and went to the balcony to enjoy the morning vibes and the sea. Then my eyes fell on Liam who was working out on the beach. Sunrays hit his skin and it shined due to the sweat beads. Though he was far away, I could clearly see the chiselled body and his perfect abs. He definitely had changed a lot in the past two years.

Suddenly a girl approached him in just a two piece bikini. My hold on the cup tightened. They started talking and she began laughing hysterically. I mentally gagged at her flirting skills. But nevertheless, it didn't stop from getting me angry. Effing bimbos. I shook my head and went inside unable to take the scene in front of me.

Walking in I thought I should get a refreshing bath in the Jacuzzi. After 20 minutes, I was finally done. Mental note to self : Get a Jacuzzi in Michigan home.

Walking out, I decided to towel dry my hair. When I reached living room area, Liam was already sipping tea.

" Good morning. " ,he chirped.
Nope. I'm not going to talk to him. First a Melissa, now just some random bimbo. Who does he take me as? A girl who'll go through all this bull shit?
I gave a tight smile and went to the make up table. Small talks is all he gets. Don't give any reactions Ashley. The sun was blazing in all its glory here. If you don't use sunscreen, you'll definitely have a third degree burn. Okay, that was exaggerating.
Applying tons of sunscreen, I finally went to him as my stomach growled a little.
" If you're done, then let's go have breakfast. I'm hungry. ", I said.

He hummed and got up.

*******
Breakfast was pretty much the same. All silent, except for Liam's phone calls. I was minding my business when again his phone rang. I rolled my eyes and went back to eating my scrambled eggs.

" Hey Mel. ", he chirped.
My eyes widened while still looking at the plate and my fork stopped abruptly. Dear lord, help me.

" Yes. I'm fine. How are you?"

"Did you have your breakfast? "

"Don't stress yourself out. And take care, okay? "

He sounded like a protective person. Somewhere deep down inside, I felt my heart break. My plate was blurry in my vision and afraid that I might burst into tears I quickly got up and walked outside.

I felt footsteps behind me and quickly blinked away some stray tears. Seriously Ashley! Get a grip.

"Hey. You okay? "

" Yep. I'm fine feeling a bit home sick. ", I answered.

He looked at me still not convinced. But then he gave a slight nod.
"So what do we have for today? "
He smirked, " You'll see Payne. "
I followed him, all confused .

*****
The car ride was pretty much silent. I didn't want to make any conversation with him. I mentally wanted to squeeze the life out of him. We were going to a private island today. No prizes for guessing who's it is.
Hint : Starts with L ends with M.

But to me it was more like : Starts with J and ends with K.

We had to take a ferry to reach and the port was at the long distance form where we were staying. I leaned my head on the back rest and looked at the sky. It was completely blue with white clouds at places. The sea below shimmered at the reflection of the sun. I gradually closed my eyes taking in the moments.