Chapter 24 : The Family Dinner(CONFIDENT)

It's time for me to take it
I'm the boss right now
Not gonna fake it
Not when you go down
'Cause this is my game
And you better come to play

Confident, Demi Lovato
*
*
*
Present

Sun rays hit my face and I scrunched up my face as I turned to the other side. However, the sin on humanity started blaring. My alarm clock. I groaned and got up. My head immediately spun a little but I got my balance soon after. Yesterday's happenings rushed into my mind and I jerk-opened my eyes.

Putting off the alarm clock, I stepped down on the floor and made my way to the bathroom.
After having a refreshing shower along with other to-dos, I got out. What day is today? Unlike most people, I tend to forget what day it is and the date.
It's Monday. Oh shit.
" What's the time?! ", I whisper yelled at no one. It's 7: 30 now.
So I have 30 more mins to get to the office before Liam gets to the office first. Well, that or being fired.
Hmm, so if I have just one glass of milk and travel at the speed of light, I'll probably be able to reach.

God dammit Ashley, stop calculating, and effing move your arse. You can't be late.

Opening my closet, I rummaged through my clothes to find my pencil skirt and light pink shirt. I quickly got dressed and put my hair in a pony tail. I climbed down the stairs trying not to make any sound.

" Hey Abigail. Has Liam come down yet?", I asked.

" Yes ma'a- I mean, Ashley. He came and had his breakfast. ", she answered.

" So he left? ", I asked horrified and a little disappointed.

" Erm, yes. ", she said.

" Okay. Can you just give me a glass of milk real quick? "

" Sure. Here. ", she poured a glass and put it in front of me, " anything else? "

" No Abigail. But thanks. ", I smiled.
I gulped down the milk and hurried outside.
" Thank you Abigail for the breakfast. ", I shouted.

But wait. I don't have my car. How am I supp-

" Good morning ma'am. Are you ready for office?"

" Oh thank the lords, you're here George. Yes, yes I'm ready let's go. And please call me Ashley. Ma'am makes me sound like a grandma. ", I chuckled.

******
After what felt like eternity, I reached office. I probably had looked at the clock twenty times on the ride.
"Bye George, have a good day. ", I shouted as I made my way to the front door.

I got inside the elevator and pressed 23 and waited for the 'ting'. The doors opened and I barged inside my office and then went to the kitchen. It's already 8:02 and I am in no mood to get fired.

I opened the door to the office of Liam quietly and tried regularizing my breathing.
" Good morning, Sir. Here's you-"
" You're late. ", he snapped looking up from his files.
" By two minutes! ", I said.
" Still, it's late. Go bring the transportation files from the ground floor. "
"Okay. ", I said keeping the coffee on the table. So, he's not mad at me for being late? I'm sure it's the wedding vibes. I opened the door again to go out.
" And Ashley? "
" Yes? "
" Use the stairs. "
" T-the stairs? "
" Yep. "
" So you want me to climb up the entire 23 flight of stairs? "
" Did I stutter? "
I made my lips into a thin line, " Of course, Sir. "

God dammit! That devil for a husband! It's the first day after our wedding, can't he be a little cons- OH wait, he's Liam fucking Anderson . He can't be a good soul.
I travelled down, got the transportation files and climbed up the stairs. Damn, I really need to hit the gym now.