Chapter 14 : Jerk (ENCHANTED)

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonder struck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

Enchanted, Taylor Swift
******
Present
A stupid arrogant jerk. That's what I should call him from now on. A jealous freak. Wait. Jealous? Was he actually jealous?
Nah. That can't be. But whatever it was, he was definitely arrogant and stupid!
Shit I said this twice. But that's how angry I am right now .
I should've been the one to be angry and yet there he was giving me the cold shoulder and the silent treatment. Well, news flash for you jerk, I don't care. And you'll always be an arrogant a$$ to me.
But there's no point saying all this in my head now. I should've said this to him on his face. Stupid, stupid Ashley.

We went for lunch after that drama he pulled out. He wasn't talking, neither irritating me nor pulling pranks on me. I was enjoying the seclusion but after some time I began getting irritated.
" Could you pass me the salt? ", I said.
Nothing. Not even looking up from his plate. I rolled my eyes and said again, " Earth to Liam. Could you please pass me that container with white crystals over there? ",I told him speaking each word loud and slowly like talking to a toddler .
He glared at me. Finally a reaction!
He took the salt and put it down in front of me with a clank. People gave a few glances and some elderly people shook their heads.
This guy was getting on my nerves. What's his problem?

After lunch I wanted to take a nap. I was too tired. Hey, Garfield is my spirit animal, okay? I'm always sleepy.
He was speaking on the phone with someone about business and I was again reminded of what happened at the Sun Islands. My heart sank a teeny tiny bit. But curiosity overcame it. If he already has a ' Melissa ' why is he marrying me? He isn't even doing anything to stop the marriage. He's rather encouraging it. For now, let's just push this away. I'm coming for you my soft bed.

I already had the key and went inside the room. Taking an apple I went and sat on the veranda and looked outside, towards the beach. I was suddenly reminded of my past. Our past. How our lives changed. How everything changed.

******
"You ready? ",he shouted .

"Just a second. Ugh! You keep asking me the same thing every minute! ",I shouted back.

" And you give me the same answer everytime. ", he said opening the door of my room.
I was still fidgeting with the back chain of my summer dress, "What the hell Liam! I'm still undressed. Get out. "

" But you are already dressed. ", he said taking small steps towards me.

Stupid chain!

His fingers met mine and pulled them away from my dress. I was looking at his reflection on the mirror. He then pulled up the chain of my dress smoothly. And smirked at me.
" Well I guess, my hands didn't reach quite well. "
"See? And you tell me I'm a gym freak?! You're barely fit. "
" Shut up freak. ", I said rolling my eyes.
" Surely, nerd. ", he said pulling up his shirt showing off his well sculptured body.
I tried not to drool and stuttered a 'let's go' . As I reached the door he pulled me encircling his hands around my waist. Pushing my hair to the other side he slowly kissed my neck.
" Liam my parents are literally downstairs. ", I whisper yelled.
" I know ", he mumbled into my skin.
" We're going to be late. Liam, leave.", I giggled.
After some hesitation he left me and we walked hand in hand to his car. Kissing my parents on their cheeks and saying good bye, I went into his car.
" So where are we going? "
"You'll know in time. ", he said.
I turned the volume of the radio and leaned back.
******

It was our spring break in college and Liam had taken me to the beach. It was the first time we'd gone to the beach all alone. Just me and him. I ran on the beach like a free bird. Like I'd never felt more alive. Like that was the best day of my life. Splashing water ,chasing each other, he had taken sandwiches with himself, sunset. Perfect.
Well actually pretentious perfect. If I'd known his real face, the real Liam Anderson, I'd never let him in. I'd never let him in after what happened when I was 15.
I was tired of being used like a rag doll. I hadn't even realized that tears had started falling already.

Pushing the thoughts away, I made my way to the bed. I decided to change into something loose and so I wore a big and loose shirt with Hello Kitty on the top. No, I didn't like Hello Kitty. It's just that the shirt was really comfortable. And for me, comfort was above all.
*****
I woke up hearing noises from the inside the house. It was like someone walking and shifting things. Memories flushed into my head about the recent news, not more than two months ago. A couple were on there honeymoon and were kidnapped and asked for money. My eyes widened at all the possibilities of what could happen , if that indeed was a kidnapper.

Grabbing the emergency umbrella of the hotel , I slowly tiptoed to the living room area. The room was really big and spacious. I always hated stuff like this. You go to vacation to enjoy nature, don't you? So why this rich and costly suites ?

I hid behind a wall from where I could see the living room. I'm just going to take a glance. If there is only one, I'll take him down by the umbrella. High hopes, I know. But if there's more than one, I'm calling the reception.

I felt something black move from the corner of my eyes. Hmm, definitely an intruder. But there was only one. Good. I could take him down. I held the umbrella tight and closed my eyes. I began whispering stuff to myself to boost my confidence and I whispered some profanities to Liam as well in my mind. Mental note : beat the hell out of him as well.

"What are you doing holding an - ", someone whispered from behind.

I jolted upright ,turned around and with one shot of my hand, the umbrella landed with a thrash on the head of..... Liam?

HOLY CRAP.

TROUBLE
TROUBLE.
TROUBLE.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Oooo , Ashley always finds a way into trouble.
Don't you think?
Here's Chapter 14 for you.
If you still haven't checked out my second work, make sure you do and vote and share.

This is the one!

And also, as many of you already know, I've entered into Wattys2018 this year. So don't forget to vote for this story

Next update, next week.
Love you,
Candy