Chapter 41 : Saving Grace (LAY ME DOWN)

You told me not to cry when you were gone
But the feeling's overwhelming, it's much too strong
Can I lay by your side, next to you, you
And make sure you're alright
I'll take care of you,
And I don't want to be here if I can't be with you tonight
Lay me Down, Sam Smith
*
*
Picture of Kyle above
*
There's an important announcement at the end of the chapter. Make sure you read it.
*
*
*
A Quick Recap : Ashley is pregnant. But Liam still doesn't know. So in order to surprise him, Emily and Ashley went to the doctor to get an ultrasound of their baby. After that they went to a mall to get socks and other decorative items. While they were on their way home, Ashley was struck with something hard and she fell on the ground. Last thing she saw was Kyle, her past abuser, before blacking out completely.
*
*
*
Present

People say staring is rude. Not when you look at your greatest enemy, it's not. After loosing my consciousness, I woke up just a few minutes earlier. And guess what my beautiful eyes fell upon, Kyle Smith. The same Kyle who had abused me ten years ago, in flesh. None of us had spoken a word, but were staring like our life depended on it.

"You know , I am not deaf so-"

"What do you want?", my voice felt like acid over the words.

" Oh come on Ashley, I'm back after what , five years and you're not even happy so see me ? Ouch, I'm hurt.", he laughed like a maniac.

"What. Do. You. Want. Kyle", I gritted out. God knows how long I've been out. And what about Emily?!

"What did you do to my friend?!", I panicked.

"Who me ?", Emily walked in on the scene and stood beside Kyle and folded her arms across her chest.

"Em-Emily......"

"You truly were right Kyle, she is naive. Believing who ever and whatever people say to her.", she chuckled.

Oh hell no.

Emily was in this too?! But this doesn't make sense-

"Stop thinking so hard Ashley. It isn't like you're gonna live much longer. Might as well get on with the last wishes and stuff.", Kyle said.

" 'Last wishes and stuff' ? Have you met my husband? Once he finds out he's going to make sure that you rot in hell. But first," I looked at Emily and frowned, "Why?"

"Are you seriously asking me 'Why'? I was left at the altar Ashley. Well not literally but metaphorically. Liam broke away all  ties with me when I was looking forward to having the perfect life with him. For you! You're a sick home wrecker! I can never forgive you!"

"Emily I -"

"Don't explain yourself Ashley. It was by God's grace that I found Kyle. He was as hungry for revenge  just as I was. And we started making a plan you bring you down. To kill you. Every single step was already planned. Poor Liam is never going to know that he was going to be a dad."

"Little Ashley's pregnant? Is that so?", Kyle laughed and walked towards me.

"Stay the hell away from me!", I screamed and tried to move but the ropes held me to the chair that I was tied onto.

Then I felt a hard kick on my stomach.
"That's what five years in jail felt like Ashley. I'm going to destroy you and everyone around you. Including that baby.", Kyle whispered in my ears.

"Rot in hell.", I spat on his face.

"Well, you haven't changed.", he laughed while Emily just watched the scene from afar without even flinching.