Chapter 21 : Run away bride (STAYIN' ALIVE)

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breaking and everybody shaking, people

Staying Alive, Bee Gees
*
*
*

Present

We were standing in front of SHAREEN as me, mom, Liam, and Natasha made our way inside. A smell of sophistication lingered inside and I rolled my eyes. I could get married in my pajamas if we're talking about Liam.

" Natasha!  What a pleasant surprise! ", a woman in her mid forties came and greeted us.

" Hey Julia.  I'm here to  get a wedding dress for my to-be-daughter-in-law. ", Natasha said putting her arms around my shoulder.
I smiled weakly as getting attention wasn't really my thing.

"Oh sure. Come right this way. "

We entered into a small room that had chairs and a large mirror with flower pots placed on either side.
Then came in two women who brought us tea and five racks filled with white dresses .

" Come on Ashley, let's go see. ", Natasha said and me and mom got up.

From the corner of my eye I could  see Liam typing away in his phone not sparing a glance towards anything that's happening.
If this is what he wants to do, why is he even here? Waste of space!

*****
Time passed slowly, as if wanting to torture me with every passing minute. I had changed out of ten dresses now, and neither caught my attention. Each one was either of the same design or was a disco light.

Then mom came with another dress in hand and I looked at it longingly. Taking the dress I immediately went inside and changed into it. Standing in front of the mirror , I was dumbfounded.

" This is it. ", I whispered.
I could see my mother teary in her eyes and Natasha looking proudly from their reflection.

However Liam was not inside

" He has gone to take an important call. ", mom informed me.
I nodded and smiled.

After the purchase, we came out to see Liam still talking on the phone. I rolled my eyes and managed to mind my own business. It's not like I wanted him to see me in the dress. Im sure he would have made some sarcastic comment.