Chapter 26: Two birds (WE ARE NEVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER)

Then you come around again and say
Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me
Remember how that lasted for a day?
I say, I hate you, we break up, you call me, I love you

We are never getting back together, Taylor Swift
*
*
*
Present

"What are you doing here? ", she asked me with complete disgust in her face.

"I could ask you the same. ", I smirked back. News for you Ms. Disgusting Face,  I'm not the same Ashely you saw two years back.
I tried maintaining my composure and not to give away how astonished I was to see her.

"This is my soon to be house! When I and Liam get married, right honey? ", she locked her arms with his, while he just kept looking down.

" Oh, so you must be the girlfriend slash mistress. ", I faked innocence.

"Excuse me, I'm the fiance. ", her eyes widened.

"I don't see a ring. "

"That shouldn't be your concern . If you're here to ask for forgiveness from him and me, for what you did two years back, then I feel sorry for you Ashley, and I do forgive, but this man is taken. ", she finished with a happy smile.

"Exactly Bella, this man is taken, " I lifted my ring finger, "cause he's married to me. "

She took my hand and looked at it like she had seen a ghost. If she widened her eyes any more, I'm sure they'd fall off.
"I'm the wife, Isabella. And this is my house, apart from being of Liam's. So, a teeny tiny question here, what are you doing in my house? Can I help you with anything? ", I looked at her with fake concern.

"Wha-how Liam! How could you do this to me?! What the hell is happening? ", she shouted.

"Let me clear it out for you honey", I put an arm around her but she swatted it away, "you see, when you were in your imaginary vacation in Timbuktu, dreaming about the man of your dreams, aka, Liam to come for you on a white horse and go down on one knee and ask you to marry him, he, was here in Michigan proposing me to marry him. Well, the one knee thing is too dramatic, so we just did it formally, with both our parent's wishes and blessings. ", I smiled, " however, I have good news for you.", I looked at Liam who had an amused smile on his face.

"Save it! I'm pretty sure it's another of your games to lure Liam. How many times will you come in between the two of us. We are soul mates! ", she screamed.

"I'm sure of that. That's why the news is good, for you. Liam doesn't love me. And to say that I hate him, would be an understatement . So, he's all yours. ", I gave a genuine smile. Although it hurt somewhere deep down, but I brushed it away. To make Liam pay back for what he did, I had to act cool. I had to show that I had no feelings for him, whatsoever.

"Bella", Liam spoke for the first time, "it's really late at night. I think you should go home. I'll call you okay? And probably, we can go out tomorrow? ", he kissed her forehead.

"No baby. Wha-whats going on? ", she whined.
"I'll tell you everything tomorrow. Take rest. I'll call you. ", he soothed her face.
I turned around not liking whatever was going on. Each word spoken was like an arrow slowly embedding itself into my heart.
The front door closed, indicating that she had left. I sighed and turned around to go to the stairs, but a strong grip held my arm and yanked me towards a wall. Correction, a chest.

"Your act out there was pretty interesting. ", he mumbled close to my ear.

"Yep, I'm very much more than just a personal secretary of a multimillionaire corporation's CEO. ", I smiled sarcastically.