Chapter 34 : Hawaii (HOTEL CALIFORNIA)

There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
Hotel California, Eagles
*
*
*
Present

"Hey.", Emily whispered to me as I brought out our luggage from the car's trunk.
"Hmm?"
"I just wanted to thank you one last time for taking me with you in this trip."
"You said the same thing the last ten times.", I giggled.
She blushed.
"I owed you. So, it's okay. Moreover it's better if we cleared things between us,you know, make the entire wife-exfiance thing work."
"That's a really good idea.", she chirped.

"You ladies done there?", Theo said in an irritated tone , "my bare ašš is calling for the beach sand."

"Yuck!", I gagged and hit his head to which he just giggled.

"Do you really not want to take the private plane?", Liam came beside me.

"Did you really not hear the first time ?", I gave a sarcastic smile, "I want this trip to be normal. And by normal , I mean normal."

I was giving Liam the cold shoulder. At least, I thought I was. But I guess he knew and was constantly trying to make a conversation. I'm still angry at him so let's see how that works out for him.

"Hey.", I pulled on my trolley as I went beside  Miranda, "You okay ?"

She nodded.

"You sure ?"
"Mm-hmm", she gave a quick reply.
"You're afraid of heights , aren't you ?", I finally said.

"Yeah. But it's okay.", she blushed, "I can't be a baby anymore."
I smiled and said, "Well, you've got me."

"Come on ladies. We're already late.", Lucas came beside us and guided us to the check in counter.

"Our plane is 25 minutes delayed. Should I get you something?", Liam said.

"Yeah. Coffee please. The lack of afternoon nap is getting on to me.", I yawned.

He nodded and kissed my forehead, "Be right back."

**************
"How much more?", I whined.

"One more hour to go.", Liam said.

"My legs are numb."

"That's okay. We can put them to work tonight ."

I blushed and playfully smacked his arm, "In your dreams Anderson."

He chuckled and gave a quick peck on my lips to which I did not refuse.

So, giving a cold shoulder is off the list. Someone make my heart synchronise my brain. Sigh.

One hour flew like a bird. Unfortunately all of us had different sitting  arrangements. Liam and I were at the front. Miranda and Theo were somewhere in the middle, while Emily and Lucas were somewhere at the back. Emily and Miranda were supposed to sit together, but well, I guess we all know who is sitting beside Miranda. Needles to say that he did infact put up a fight to get the seat beside Miranda. They had a way more complicated relationship than ours.

I shook my head and looked through the window to see the vast ocean of clouds.

************
"HERE WE ARE HAWAIII!!!", Theo shouted.
"I feel like we're traveling with a kid", Liam scrunched up his face in disgust.
"Oh you love me brother!", Theo said putting an arm around Liam.

Soon we got into the huge aśś limousine and went to Liam's guest house on the beach.

"So, you'd like to take a taxicab and not a decent car?", he said putting down his duffel bag on the bed.