Chapter 31 : Hungry Eyes (ME TOO)

Who's that sexy thang I see over there?
That's me, standin' in the mirror
What's that icy thang hangin' 'round my neck?
That's gold, show me some respect

Me too, Meghan Trainor
*
*
*
Present ( two weeks later)

"A table!"

She shakes her head.

"A horse! "

Shakes again.

"A frickin porcupine! "

She shakes her head.

"That's it. Time's up. Boys two, girls zero. ", Theo chimes happily.

"Holy Jesus on motorcycles! What the hell is that Miranda? ", I shout pointing towards the white board.

"It's a frickin UFO. How did you not get that? "

I tilted my head for better understanding, "How is that a UFO? "

"See? The oval body. The rays of light coming out from it. "

"That makes it the Sun.", I narrow my eyes.

"Okay. Break it off you two. No amount of bickering will give you any point ", Lucas said, "it's our turn. "

We were currently playing Pictionary in the living room. Me, Miranda, Lucas and Theo. It's been such a long time since all of us were together. Well, all minus Liam.

But the more I stay away from Liam, the better it is for me. It's been two weeks since I've known that Emily was his fiance. The thing is, that this information does not hurt. What hurts is that he kept such a big detail of his life from me. Like I'm an outsider. Like I don't deserve to know.

Since then, I've completely ignored him. In office, I tell Dorothy to pass the files from my room to his. I sometimes feel so bad for her. Cause she has to climb up three flight of stairs just to do such a simple thing.

Nevertheless, it's been pretty rough two weeks. I've indulged myself more and more into office work. Liam knows that something is wrong and notices my odd behavior towards him. However, he doesn't approach me with it. Something I'm happy about. Probably he's just banging Bella. Or, laughing and cherishing old memories with Emily. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Bella in a long time. Whatever.

I don't care.

I

Don't

Care.

I've made this my personal mantra. I have got to give less f*cks about him.

Theo was trying to make Lucas understand by drawing pictures when suddenly the front door opened and in came Liam and.... Emily? Oh wow, like that's not new in Andersonville.

I rolled my eyes. I get it that they are spending time together. Not need to rub it in my face. The moment they entered, all three looked at me. I just shrugged and said It's okay. I don't care.

"What are you guys doing here? ", Liam asks.

"We were playing pictionary. What took you so long?", Lucas asks.

"You know, still working on the specific transaction. Anyway, I hope I'm not too late to join y'all. ", he loosens his tie and sits on the sofa ,giving me a side glance.

"What? Nope. That's wrong. You're three and we are two. That's not fair. ", Miranda says understanding my uneasiness about being near to Liam.

"I can join. I mean, if you guys -", Emily squeaks.