HIS ALPHA

Jacob's P.O.V

His eyes were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen Pools of gold, shining brightly in the moonlight. I was captivated; held in place as everything started to change.

*Flashback*

I was talking with Sam in his house as Emily was preparing food for us.

"Have you ever heard ofimprinting ?" Sam asked his eyes trained on Emily.

"Imprinting?" I repeated the unfamiliar word. "No. What's that mean?"

"It's one of those bizarre things we have to deal with. It doesn't happen to everyone. In fact, it's the rare exception, not the rule. I had heard all the stories by then, the stories we all used to think were legends. I'd heard of imprinting, but I never dreamed . . ."

"What is it?" I prodded.

"I did love Leah. But, when I saw Emily, that didn't matter anymore. Sometimes . . . we don't exactly know why . . . we find our mates that way." His eyes flashed back to me, his face reddening. "I mean . . . our soul mates."

"What way? Love at first sight?" I snickered.

Sam wasn't smiling. His dark eyes were critical of my reaction. "It's a little bit more powerful than that. More absolute."

"Sorry," I muttered. "You're serious, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Love at first sight? But more powerful?" My voice still sounded dubious, and he could hear that.

"Will it happen to me?" I finally asked, still looking away. "This love-at-first-sight thing?"

"You're our true alpha. Of course there's a lot of chance."

"Can you try to explain more about imprinting?" I asked Sam suddenly eager to know more.

"Imprinting on someone is like when you see her, everything changes. All of a sudden it's not gravity holding you the planet, it's her. Nothing else matters. You would do anything, be anything for her"

****************************************

"Jacob" Edward was waving like a madman in front of my eyes.

"Huh" I said. Staring at him again.

Everything inside me came undone as I stared at his porcelain face of the vampire. All the lines that held me to my life were sliced apart in swift cuts, like clipping the strings to a bunch of balloons. Everything that made me who I was—my love for Bella, my love for my father, my loyalty to my pack, the love for my other brothers, my hatred for my enemies, my home, my name, my self—disconnected from me in that second—snip, snip, snip—and floated up into space. I was not left drifting. A new string held me where I was.

Not one string, but a million. Not strings, but steel cables. A million steel cables all tying me to one thing—to the very center of the universe.

I could see that now—how the universe swirled around this one point. I'd never seen the symmetry of the universe before, but now it was plain.

The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood. It's him.

"Jake... What are you staring at? It's like Alice having a vision. Are you alright?" He asked his eyes full of concern.

"Yeah I'm fi—fine" I stuttered.

I checked my wrist to find my amulet there. I thanked the moon goddess this time. I cannot let Eddie know this.

"So, it's time?"

"Huh..?"

"What's with you and huh Jake?" he asked a little annoyed.

"What I meant was..."

"Yeah, I get it. It's almost 5 in the morning Jake. You have patrol at 11. So, go and have some rest 'my alpha'"

He has called me that before. But now after imprinting, hearing him call me his is giving me unexplainable feelings.

I stared straight into his eyes giving him a smile.

"Eddie, promise me that you won't leave me." I asked childishly. I wanted reassurance. Even if he doesn't want me as his mate, I don't want him to reject me. Mate rejection is a cruel and painful way for a werewolf to die.

He chuckled.

"After all I've told you, do you think I will leave you?" he asked.

"Please Eddie." I said my voice breaking. Then, the most unexpected thing happened.

He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his ice cold arms around my neck. I didn't even hesitate to put my arms around his waist and hug him tightly. His pale body flesh against my tanned one. His lean frame fitted my body like it was designed for it. He was a perfect fit. Not too short, not too lean. Just perfect.

He pulled away after what felt like a few seconds.

"I hope you don't mind. I'm sorry if—"

"hush Eddie. I don't mind. You can hug me whenever you want. Your alpha remember?" I asked.

He grinned happily making my chest flood with happiness. I was the one that made him happy. It was a giddy feeling.

"I'll take upon that offer." He winked making my heart beat fast. I tried calming my heart but it was useless.

Sadly with his super hearing he must have noticed.

"Why is your heart beat racing?" he asked concerned.

Thank god Eddie. You're the most oblivious person.

"You didn't promise me yet." I said hoping that could answer.

"I promise, silly. I won't leave you." He said smiling.

This time I pulled him to a hug almost squeezing the life out of him. God he's just so perfect. If only he accepts me as his mate.

We parted. Seconds later he ran towards his home and I was sitting there watching him go away from me.

Just seconds after he left but I miss him already.

What can I say?

Love does come from unexpected places.

With that thought in mind I ran home stripping my clothes trying to get much needed sleep.

But as my usual habit I checked my phone for any messages from Eddie.

As if he was hearing me I got a message from him.

Eddie:

Rose is furious.

Alpha:

why?

Eddie:

She asked me why I smelled like wet dog. And...

I said "Jake doesn't want you to forget his scent so he rolled all over me before I came home".

I chuckled reading his message.

Alpha:

way to go my leech..xx

shit did I just enter kiss emojis at the end. I face palmed my self.

Eddie: 

Thanks mutt. Go to sleep my alpha, I'll be waiting for you when you wake up. xx

I saw the message with the biggest grin on my face. God why should he be so perfect? 

A/N

HEY GUYS,

ANOTHER UPDATE FOR YOU.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME COMMENTS.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW.

UNTIL NEXT TIME. BYE PEEPS.