Don't Break

Published 10/29/18

   I woke up to grace shaking me to get up. I slowly get up and Grace told me that we were going to some other base kinda thing for just our crew. But I had already agreed with tsu'tey that he would take me out today he wanted to see my hunting and fighting skills.  After I had told grace she had agreed that I could travel with them in the link bed. And that if I get hurt it's my fault.

I hop into the link bed and slowly close my eyes and am surrounded by light. I open my eyes again and find my self in my avatar body. I open my cacoon and stretch. I hop out and start to walk down all the winding pieces of wood from the tree. As I reach the bottom the people were already awake and eating together. I scan the crowd and soon spotted tsu'tey he was talking to some young warriors. I head in his direction as I get closer I saw him turn his head in my direction. His usually stern look was relaxed. I gave a small smile at him and sat down next to him. One of the young warriors next to me handed me a wooden bowl with some food I smiled at him in thanks. And began to eat.

"Today you will show me what you can do for fighting" Tsu'teys voice caught my attention. I looked at him. "You will train with the rest of the warriors" he stated. I nod in understanding. Just when I look away I saw tsu'teys left hand had a cut on top of it. I could tell it was not deep but I still was concerned. Without even thinking I had reached out and brought his hand to me looking over the cut.

I felt an intense stare on me and I slowly look up my eyes meeting his intense ones as he watched me with his hard yet gentle eyes. "What happened," I asked? "I was on morning patrol and was caught off guard" he stated simply and pulled his hand away. I watched him with concern. I've only been here for a short time yet I feel so at home here. I look back down at my food. I feel so comfortable around tsu'tey and the rest of the clan.

I could feel the walls I had built began to crack around my heart and it hurt. I slowly reach up to where my heart is as I feel pain there. I grip my chest confused about everything. I can't get attached I can't let them break down my walls. I jumped as I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I looked up shocked and found Tsu'tey with concern written all over his face. "Are you alright?" he asked me his voice just above a whisper? I looked away from him trying to control my heart's walls. "I'm fine, I'll meet you and the other warriors outside," I said quickly getting up and speed walking away hand on my chest. (Sorry Tsu'tey but I can't let you break my walls).