2

"Are you free after school today?" He asked me, his eyes filled with hopefulness.

I let my brain work.

"Well, I'm free but what makes you so sure that I'm gonna waste my time in seeing you?" I said as I crossed my arms on my chest.

Ladies and gentlemen, the sassy Vicky is back.

His eyes shows hurt. Hurt? Excuse me sir, I should be the one who feels that.

"Please. I need to talk to you." He begged.

Before I could say anything else, Brian came up to us. "She'll be waiting in front of the school gate."

Excuse me but WHAT?

"No I'm not!" I practically shouted, as I eyed Brian with pointed look.

He shrugged his shoulders. Right about now, Zander is smiling widely as if he has won the championship of the football game he loves so much.

"I'll see you at the school gate, then. Bye." With that, he went to his class. But not before whispering a quick thank you at Brian's ear, as if I didn't hear that.

Now it's just Brian and me. I raised my eyebrows, asking him silently for the reason why he did that.

He sighed. "You need to let him explain. Just- just listen to him first." And he, too, walked away.

Can someone explain to me why is he leaving? I'M NOT DONE HERE?!

Sighing, I also went to my class, feeling defeated.

***

The bell rang, signaling it was the end of the day. I skipped out of the class and to my locker, feeling a little too hyped. Why? I forgot that I could just sneak off before Zander or Brian could see me. Why do I need to do something if I don't want to do it? Right?

I hurriedly put my things into my locker and slammed it shut. I looked around to search for any signs of those guys. Fortunately for me, there was none. I fist bumped silently before walking out of the building.

Humming 'Believe' by Shawn Mendes, I walked in relaxation towards the gate. I was almost getting pass it when suddenly I bumped into a wall. I stumbled back but before I could do anything else, an arm sneaked around my waist, preventing me from falling onto my butt.

I flicked open my previously tightly shut eyes just to be contacted with a pair of blue ones. My eyes widened in horror and I quickly got myself out of his hold.

It's that guy! The one I saw at the party!

"Well, I'm not grateful." The guy said, breaking my trace of thoughts.

I cleared my throat as I crossed my arms on my chest. I tilted my head up to look at him in the eyes- well, his fault for being a 6'4.

"You should." I finally spat after gathering up my courage.

He raised his eyebrows at me before smirking in amusement.

Suddenly, I heard someone called my name out from behind me. I turned around to face Cara, Brian and...ugh, Zander.

I gasped as I saw him. I quickly turned back around and started to walk in a fast pace while muttering, "gotta go" many, many times.

Well that stopped when the mysterious guy gripped my arm tight, pulling me back to my previous place. He gave me a playful smirk before whispering, "You owed me for this one."

I scoffed. "Owed you? You know you are making my life miserable, right." I whisper yelled at him before trying to walk away again, just to be held in place, again.

I huffed in annoyance and decided to just stay put. I couldn't get away now anyway. Now that they are only few steps away from us. But I'm definitely not missing to give him a killer glare.

"Hey, cuz, what are you doing here?" Brian greeted the guy as he hugged him in a manly way.

I cringed as I heard his name. "Cuz? What kind of name is that?"

"Cuz, in short for cousin, you silly pot belly." Cara elbowed me on the arm, making me slightly wince. I could hear someone chuckled from behind me and I straightly knew who it was. Not caring to turn to him, I just rubbed the place where I was being elbowed at.

"You are hurting." The guy, which I now know is Brian's cousin, stated as he eyed my hand which is above my arm. He quickly pushed Brian to the side and came to me, holding me protectively before sending daggers towards my best friend.

"It's not that bad." I assured him, mentally asking myself why the heck does he care.

His eyes averted from my arm to my eyes. This is the closest gape we've had for now, and wow, he has beautiful sky blue eyes. What a pure coincidence, sky blue is my favourite colour.

Unconciously, I muttered under my breath, "Such beautiful eyes."

We stared at one another intently for about a minute before I heard someone cleared their throat. I looked to see Zander, eyeing both of us suspiciously.

"I hope you still remember that I have something to tell you." He reminded me, which made me gasp because I totally forgot about that.

Cara clasped her hands together, "Okay! You both go. Brian and I are going to have the time of our lives at someplace, and Lucas is going home, right, Lucas?" She asked in gritted teeth. Brian laughed at seeing his girlfriend's behaviour, before he gently patted her head lovingly.

Brian's cousin, who I now know the name's Lucas, tilted his head to the side in confusion. It seems like he was calculating something inside his head, before a bulb appeared above it. He turned his attention to me.

"Are you guys..dating?"

I widened my eyes in horror, not wanting to recollect the past. "What? Of course not."

He nodded his head in understanding and sighed. In relief?

But after that he quickly changed his facial expression into a scowl, as if he is bombing himself with lots of question.

He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a huff. "Whatever." He mumbled before disappearing.

"Wait, dude, you haven't told me the reason you were here in the first place!" Brian ran after him, but not after smooching Cara on her cheek.

Cara giggled as she saw her boyfriend's running like a maniac. She then hugged me and bid her farewell, before fading away slowly into the crowds where Brian was headed.

Well. This is awkward.

Now it's just me and Zander, standing next to each other, both thinking twice before doing literally anything.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. After contemplating with myself, I finally decided to speak out, but Zander successfully beat me to it.

"Uh, I know a very nice café."