7

After the meeting with aunt Hailee, I went home with red and puffy eyes.

Jack went downstairs after our conversation and after he saw my eyes, he immediately asked what was wrong. I told him that it was nothing. We just got to know each other as cousins today and he's already being so sweet to me. I already got the feel that we will be best friends.

I just got out of the bus and walked towards my home with my head hung low. I don't want anyone to see my current state. When I recognized the surrounding I decided to look up. But what stands before me makes me regret for looking up.

Lucas is leaning on his car while burying his hands in his jeans' pockets. His eyes are already staring at me.

He furrowed his eyebrows after seeing my face. He pushed himself off the car and came rushingly to me with his arms wide open. I gladly accepted it and hugged him tightly.

I didn't know what has gotten into me but I cried again.

He rubbed my back in a soothing matter while whispering sweet nothings to my ear.

"Shh, Shh... It's okay baby."

I sobbed harder after he said that because nothing was okay. Nothing at all.

After what felt like a half an hour, I finally cooled down. Noticing this, he took my hand and led me into the house.

He made me sat on the sofa, "Let me get you something to eat, okay?"

I nodded. He smiled softly before patting my head and walked off to the kitchen.

Lucas made us lasagnas. We ate in silence. But not the comfortable silence, but an awkward silence. It was awful so I decided to speak up.

"It's delicious."

He glanced up at me and smiled. "Well, what did you expect from a pro chef."

My eyes widened in shock. "Wait, you are a chef?"

"Obviously.." He trailed off but I paid none to that and gasped.

"Oh my-"

"..not. Obviously not."

My face expression changed to disappointment. I let out a sigh and continued to eat the lasagna.

He noticed my face expression and tried to assure me, "B-but I really love cooking, it's like my second job. So if you observe closely, yeah, I'm sort of, kind of like a chef. I mean, look at my cooking skills, they are better than most chefs in the world. I bet the other chefs can't cook meals like I do. I can easily crush all of them down with one single cook-"

I cut off his rambling by laughing, too hard I might had, that my stomach hurts so bad.

"You-" laughing, "are so-" laughing, "c-cute!" laughing.

After some time, I finally gain some consciousness of my surrounding and slowed down my laugh, wiping my happy tears away. I looked up at him and saw him staring at me adoringly, with a small smile creeped on his face.

I could feel my face heating up and cleared my throat. "What are you smiling at."

He blinked thrice before answering, "At an adorable little thing in front of me."

"Excuse me, I'm human okay." I said, my face blushes more and more because of his comment.

"What? I was talking about your pinkish mug," he pointed at my mug which has the picture of an unicorn, "it's sooo adorable, the unicorn."

"Oh."

"Not to mention its owne-"

"Well you can't have it! It is my most favourite mug in the whole wide world."

He chuckled, "Rest assured, I can buy hundreds of those if I want to."

I sighed and mumbled, "Don't need to remind me of how loaded you are."

"What?"

"Nah, nothing. But hey, what were you doing in front of my house?"

"Waiting for you to come home, obviously."

"What if I didn't and decided to sleep at my aunt's house instead?"

"I know you wouldn't."

"What makes you so su-"

He cut me off by standing up, "It's getting super late, why don't we sleep."

Why is he suddenly changing the topic? Is he keeping a secret from me? Oh my God, did he actually put a tracker on me so he could always know about my whereabouts? I hope not.

Brushing it off, I answered with a simple okay. And then my brain started to digest the words he just said and halted from walking further to the stairs.

I turned around and looked at him whilst squinted my eyes in confusion, "We?"

"Of course. Wait, don't tell me you were expecting for me to go home at this late at night.." He looked at his watch, "..at 1 in the morning."

I was too lazy to argue so I just continued to walk up to my room. I didn't bother to shut the door behind me so I just threw myself onto the bed. I heard the sound of the door shutting, meh, probably the wind.

"You haven't clean yourself yet."

I turned my head to him and saw him getting comfortable inside of my bedroom. "What are you doing inside of my property."

"You were not expecting for me to sleep on the couch, weren't you?"

"No, I expected for you to sleep on the bed inside of the guest room."

"Wait. This isn't a guest room?"

"What makes you think that this is a guest room?"

"This room is so plain."

"Well excuse me for my lack of creativeness." I buried my face back onto the comfy mattress.

"You are excused." He said and I could feel my bed dipping down, like somebody just got onto it. I looked up and saw him already lying down on my bed, arms stretching out to pull me to him.

"I thought you were going to sleep inside of the gue-"

He pulled me to him and his arms wrapped securely around my waist. "Never mind that." He muttered sleepily. He rubbed my arm as if to lull me to sleep. "Close your eyes."

I tried to protest though I'm feeling so comfortable at the moment. "But you-"

"Shh.. Sleep, princess."

Ugh. He can't just sleep on my bed.

Well not that I don't want him to not leave. Just that I'm too tired to argue more. Slowly, I let myself drifted off to the darkness.

The last thing I heard him whispered was, "It's okay baby, I'm here."