23

"Is Shawn Mendes going to be there?" I asked Lucas hopefully as he drove us to the event.

He let out a quiet chuckle before answering, "No."

My smile fell and I leaned towards the seat more, "Well, that's just too bad." I muttered.

"Oh but you're going to get a heart attack as soon as you see Lucas William." He said while smirking. I squinted my eyes at him as if to tell him, 'Are you kidding me?'.

I shook my head and averted my eyes towards my front. Soon I saw many expensive cars parked in one place as we were getting closer and closer to that place. I'm guessing that we've arrived. I glanced around at the people who just got out of their cars and limos and I'm not surprised to see many people wearing designated dresses and suits which scream 'rich'.

I'm getting even more nervous at this rate and I could feel my knees shaking vigorously. Unfortunately Lucas saw this and he gently put his hand on one of my knees saying, "I'll always be with you, don't worry."

I looked at him in the eyes and when I saw the sincerity after he spoke the words to me, I could finally relax a little bit.

Lucas parked his car in the VIP's parking lot and cut off the car's engine. I took off the seatbelt and was ready to get out when I suddenly noticed that the door wouldn't open. I looked over at Lucas for some help from him which caused him to only smirk. I knitted my eyebrows together not knowing what he was smirking at.

He got out of the car and jogged towards my side. He opened the passenger's door easily which made my jaw dropped. How did he do that?

"How did you–"

"Come, let's go inside." He put his hand on my back and led me inside, totally ignoring the thing I was about to ask him earlier.

We walked inside and almost instantly, all eyes were on us. Typical, I mentally scoffed. Many men and women who seem like they are in the same class as Lucas came towards us and began greeting Lucas with wide smiles on their faces.

Lucas just answered them with a one word sentence for each question, making me wonder why do people like him so much. I mean, he's boldly rude, even towards elders.

Lucas excused himself from the crowd and began to lead me towards one of the many tables inside the ballroom. He pulled a chair for me which I gladly took a sit on it. He then sat beside me and intertwined our fingers together, making my face heated up.

"I'm sorry, you must felt very uncomfortable just now." He said while looking at me in the eyes.

I was quite taken aback for what he just said as I didn't understand why he needed to apologize. But as I didn't want to argue much further, I just told him that it was okay and that I was actually amazed on how people interacted with him.

Soon the MC got our attention by tapping on the microphone three times. All the talking went down and all eyes are now looking at the stage in front of us. The MC welcomed and thanked all of the people who attended the party which made people clapped their hands. Me being me, I just copied others' action.

After the hall was once again dead silent, the MC began to speak again, "Now, I would like to call upon the newest CEO of the Williams Co. to deliver his speech about this event. Everybody, please welcome, Mr. Lucas Carter William."

Everybody clapped their hands again while I sat there with my mouth hung open.

Why was I shocked? Well maybe because there is still a month left before his 22nd birthday. Supposely, his dad is still the boss, right?

"I'm going for a bit, are you going to be okay?" Lucas asked me which made me came back to the reality.

I looked at him and smiled assuringly, "I'll be just fine."

No I'm not. I hate awkwardness.

But not that I could tell him the truth. I mean, who am I to prevent the CEO of a big company from giving his respective speech to the people?

As soon as he walked away, I pulled out my phone from my purse and started to scroll through Instagram.

In the middle of scrolling, I felt as if someone was taking a sit on Lucas' chair, which made my heart beat 17 times faster.

I whipped my head to the side so fast my neck hurt, "Uh sorry but that seat is taken."

After I saw the person's face, my jaw immediately dropped onto the ground.

"Moly cow, you are Shawn Mendes."

Lucas' POV

Once I was done giving my speech and thanked the people, I glanced over at our place to see if Victoria listened to the whole thing or not but what I saw disappointed me.

No, not only was I disappointed, but I was also raging. There, she is smiling and giggling with some kind of man who is sitting in my seat. My seat.

What the hell is he doing there? That is my spot, not his. I'm supposed to be the one who sits next to her, not him.

I walked off the stage my eyes red, and stomped towards Victoria and I's seats like a lunatic. She saw me and grinned, making me almost smile back at her. Note the word, almost.

Her grin immediately fell after she saw my expression.

"What's happening here?" I asked right after I arrived.

The bastard looked up, probably to see who's talking, and when he saw me he instantly stood up and smiled. He took his hand out, "Mr. William. I might say that I'm very impressed by your idea about this new event of yours."

I looked at his hand and then back at him. Not bothering to shake his hand, I stiffly thanked him after seeing Victoria's raised eyebrows. "Who are you." I began asking, if you could ever call it as one, of course. With my tone of voice, it seems more like a demand than a question.

He retreated his hand back awkwardly before replying, "Oh, it's very rude of me. I'm sorry. My name is Rayson Warburton, the son of–"

Not caring about his life story, I cut him off, "Okay. Now go."

He blinked once, twice, before he finally understood that I want him to get out of my sight. Sighing, he muttered an okay. He turned around to face her and bid her goodbye as if they have been friends for like eternity.

"Why'd you do that?" Victoria scowled and asked me as soon as he has completely disappeared.

"He took my seat." I said, placing both of my hands in between hers.

"Well, your name isn't on it."

Why does it feel like she is defending that guy just now?

"Actually..." I trailed off and pointed on the top of the chair, where my name was written on it in gold letters.

She made that cute face with an 'O' formed on her lips, making my mood instantly lightened up a bit.

She suddenly started laughing. I frowned and looked at her questionably.

She noticed it, "Y-You see..." She began while trying to suppress her laugh. "Tha-That guy j-just now.. I-I thought he was Sha–"

"Lucas."

We both turned our heads to see the person who unshamefully interrupted the things that Victoria was about to say.

My eyes immediately widened upon seeing her face and I smiled widely at her,

"You're finally back.."