28

"I thought we were going to your penthouse." I said as the guards opened the gate for us. We were currently outside of a mansion, which I guess is Lucas'.

"Yeah but I changed my mind since I wanted to show you the place I grew up in."

I nodded. But right after the realization hit me, my eyes widened in horror, "So that means your dad is inside?"

He turned off the engine as he has parked the car and chuckled upon seeing my reaction, "Yes. But don't worry, he's a good man." He reached for my hand which was on my thigh and held it in assurance. I then nodded.

I just hope his dad is not like those dads in movies who wants only the best for his company to the point where he forces his son to wed his enemy's daughter only so he could get the fame from outsiders.

"Come on," The voice beside me said, startling me. I glanced over at my right and saw Lucas had already opened the door to my side, waiting for me to get out of the car. I laughed nervously and stepped out.

All of a sudden he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. I gasped. "Don't worry." His voice muffled as he continued inhaling my scent.

"Okay..." I said hesitantly. What is wrong with this hot guy? Suddenly attacking me like this, doesn't he know that this is not fair at all?

After 12 seconds he broke our hug and grinned widely at me. Aww how cute. I returned his grin with my toothy smile and then he intertwined our hands and walked us towards the front door of the mansion.

He pressed the code while I inhaled a large amount of air. He opened the door and gestured me to come inside. I let out a breath and stepped inside. Lucas had his hand on my back, probably reminding me that it's okay since he's with me.

"Dad." He called out. "Are you home?"

Suddenly, the sound of light footsteps could be heard, as if that person was running. And soon after, a little boy came into view. He ran towards Lucas and immediately jumped on him, engulfing him in a bear hug.

"Hey there, bud. I didn't know you would be here today." Lucas cooed at the little boy.

"Yeah, my mom went to San Diego for some business." He told Lucas. Hm, this boy looks like he would be around 5 years old, but the way he talks is like a grown-up's.

I stared at both of them in awe. Then Lucas put the kid down and looked at me, smiling. "Victoria, this is my dad's friend's son, Anthony. Anthony, this is my Vi– I mean, this is Victoria, my everything."

My jaw instantly dropped upon hearing what he said. My everything? What does that supposed to mean? I could feel my heart jumped. Should I say something? What should I say? Also, was he intending to say my Victoria? This man is so messed up sometimes.

Lucas saw my expression and the realization finally hit him, "I mean, my friend, no wait, my gir–, no that's not right. My...crush..?" At the end of the sentence he tilted his head and frowned, as if he's thinking something deeply.

Crush? CRUSH? HE HAS A CRUSH ON ME?!

Anthony studied our expressions (my shocked face and Lucas' frown), and bursted out laughing. That was when we finally came back into the real world.

The little boy reached out a hand to me and smiled, "Hi. Nice to meet you."

Okay but does this boy has to be so matured though? I took his hand and said, "You too." His smile went wider and then he ran towards what looked like a kitchen. I looked at Lucas who is already staring at me. "He's so matured." I whispered.

He jutted his bottom lip and shrugged, "Just like his uncle."

"His uncle, as in you?" I asked and he nodded.

"But I thought he is your dad's friend's son."

He smirked and rolled his eyes playfully, "Well the friend is my dad's close friend and we adore each other like we are a family. So basically I am his uncle."

I nodded my head in understanding. "Nice." I muttered.

"Seeing that Anthony went to the kitchen, I assume that my dad is in there. Come on." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders before we walked to the kitchen together.

"That's not enough! We need to make a lot more for Uncle Lucas' girlfriend!" I heard Anthony exclaimed as we entered the kitchen. My face heated up instantly at his last statement but said nothing about it. Somehow I kind of like the idea of being Lucas' girlfriend.

Remember, you need to leave tomorrow.

I mentally face-palmed after my conscience reminded me of that. Of course. Me being his girlfriend will never happen in this lifetime.

"Dad." Lucas called his dad out. Mr. William turned around instantly and I nearly laughed seeing him wearing a pink apron. But of course I kept my poker face so I wouldn't be kicked out of the house.

"Son." Mr. William walked towards us and gave Lucas a hug. "Welcome home."

Lucas chuckled, "Dad, we met in this house just last month."

"A month is long enough, son." Mr. William argued and broke the hug. He then turned his attention to me. "You must be Victoria." He spreaded his arms to his sides and I smiled confusely. Lucas softly nudged me in the arm and I quickly understood what he meant.

I also spreaded my arms and almost instantly, I was engulfed in a bear hug by one of the most feared man in this country. He swung us both side to side, making me feel awkward. After seeing that he was not going to let go for maybe another two minutes, I laughed awkwardly and patted his back, silently asking him to stop.

He somehow got the message and finally broke our hug. Then he stared at me for a moment and sighed, "It's grand to finally meeting you. You see, my son here always told me about y–"

He was cut off by a flustered looking Lucas, "Dad!"

We both turned our attention to him and looked at him questionably, "Uh..How is your..No, not right. Uhm. Yeah! What's for dinner?"

Mr. William and I scowled and looked at each other. Then we bursted out laughing our hearts off. Lucas just stood there while scratching his head.

All of a sudden I smelled something funny and stopped laughing. I sniffed out loud and asked, "What's that smell?"

And then Anthony spoke out, "Uh... Grandpa Xavier?" Grandpa? I think Mr. William is too young to be called grandpa. But who am I to point that out.

"What is it Ant Boy?"

"The steaks are kind of...burned?"

Oh so it was that smell.