3

The scent of black coffee hit my nostrils just as I entered the café where Zander and I used to go to when we were dating. There's no changes at all since the last time I came here.

Wait, the last time I came here was just 2 months ago.

Why does he have to choose this place, of all the places there is in this town? To get on my nerves, probably.

Not minding him even a single glance, I made my way to an empty table which is in the corner of the room, just beside the big window. After I sat down, I looked at his direction. He is ordering our drinks. Wait a minute, I didn't tell him what I want. Oh well, if he doesn't remember my favourite then it will be his fault.

It will be his fault for not caring.

Sighing, I averted my eyes to the street, watching as vehicles passed by. Today is a busy day for everyone. Who doesn't love Monday? I put my elbow on the table and rested my head on my palm.

Getting lost in thought, I think about what would be my dinner for tonight. Well, I guess I just have to order a chinese food, again.

"I hope cappuccino is still your favourite." Zander said, made me came back to the reality.

Honestly, I was surprised that he remembered. So he does care. I don't know why but it makes me a little bit relieved. Though that does not mean that I want him back. What he did to me, breaking up over a phone call, still stings. I mean, who even does that?

The person in front of me did.

"Thanks." I took a sip of my drink while staring outside of the window.

I could feel his intense stare on me, but I just ignored it. It was always his habit, to stare at someone like he's about to kill them, when he wants to open up a serious conversation.

"Victoria," He finally began after what felt like hours.

"I need to talk to you about our relationship." He put his drink down, and leaned forward towards the table more.

"What's there to talk ab-" He cut me off.

"I still love you."

I blinked my eyes once, twice. Well I didn't see that coming.

"What?" I asked, barely a whisper.

He sighed and took one of my hands off the drink. Then he buried it in between his. His green eyes which never left mine, filled with guilt.

"Look, listen. The night that I broke up with you, I was forced into doing it."

I was speechless.

What does he mean by that? He was forced? What kind of an absurd thing to say. I furrowed my eyebrows, and pulled my hand off of his. He was struggling to get a hold onto it, which made me pulled harder. His eyes were saying, "please".

"Wh-What do you mean by that?" I could feel a single tear sled down on my cheek.

"Do you remember, my..friend, Caroline?"

I nodded my head slowly. Caroline is our school's it girl, but not like the bitch one, she is actually kind of nice. Oh wait, I meant was our school's it girl. For some uncertain reasons, she moved out of the town 4 days ago.

"She told me that if I didn't break up with you, she would harm herself in the ways I wouldn't like."

Wait. Wait a moment.

Is this some kind of a drama?

Are we filming a movie?

Am I going to get paid?

I leaned on my chair as I crossed my arms on my chest. I looked at him bored.

"You don't need to make up a story, you know."

"I'm not making up a f**king story, I'm stating a fact. Why do you think I'm telling all of this to you today, of all days?" He started to get impatient.

I pushed out my lips and shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe because you were busy writing the story line."

He leaned backwards while sighing. He shook his head, "I need you to believe me."

"And why is that?" I straightened my posture, ready to listen to another lie.

"Because," he paused for a moment before continuing, "I love you."

***

I ate my chinese food while the Netflix was on, showing my favourite series of all times, 13 Reasons Why. But I didn't pay any attention to it.

No, my mind is thinking about what Zander has told me earlier this day. I know he was lying. I know but his eyes looked nothing like that. They were screaming at me, they were demanding me to believe him.

But, even eyes can lie.

I sighed.

I finished eating my dinner and tidied the mess I've made. After I was done, I went straight to my bedroom to get ready for bed.

As I was trying to sleep, I thought back of what happened today.

He said that the reason Caroline moved to another school is because she wanted to forget about him. Apparently she loved him. But she never told him that, not before I first met him nor during we were dating. She was too afraid to tell him because they've been friends for too long, and she didn't wish to break that friendship.

But that was when she thought that me dating him wouldn't last long. She thought that maybe we would break up after a month or two. But seeing that we've stayed together for almost two years, she couldn't stand it. So she confessed to him.

When he told her that they could only be just friends, she threatened to harm herself. Of course, he wouldn't like that because to him, she was like his little sister. Who would like to see their sibling getting hurt, right?

And that was what leaded to the phone call. But after we broke up, she saw that the person she loved had turned into a whole different person when he's around her. His smile didn't reach his eyes and he didn't talk to her as often as he used to.

That was when she decided to give up, and move on. Sure, by staying here, she wouldn't accomplish that. So she decided to stay far, away from him.

I could see how in love she is towards him. I actually feel kind of guilty, for being the reason why they became the way they are now. To be honest, I think Caroline deserves him way more than I do.

So I did something I definitely won't regret doing.

I told him something that may change his mind.

I told him to go and find her.