4

It's been two weeks since I told Zander to find Caroline. He said that I was out of my mind.

Well, who wouldn't say that? He tried to claim me back but I just went on and told him to go to someone else. But, that someone definitely deserves him more than I do. And I know, deep inside he also loves her. But he just denies that fact because he doesn't want to see her more than a little sister.

My love for him is slowly fading. Now that I've accepted the reality, I know that I'll never end up creating a family with him. Cara didn't believe me when I told her that, but looking at how good I've been within these two weeks, she started to believe in my words.

Right now I'm on my way to go to the new café they all have been talking about. It is said that the drinks there are way more tastier than the ones at the café Zander and I used to go to. I'm just going to check it out.

Placing my car at the parking lot, I looked at the large board in front of me. Kiki Café. I giggled. What kind of name is that? I got out from the driver seat and went inside, not before I made sure to secure my car properly.

As I walked in, I already saw many people lining up to order their drinks at the counter. There were two long lines. I sighed. Guess I have to wait for another hour. I got into a line and waited.

At last it was my turn and you wouldn't believe how relieved I am. I smiled at the counter guy.

"One cup of cappuccino please." I told him. But wait, when did my voice has gotten so manly? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and began to test my voice.

Hm, it sounds normal now.

"And you are telling me to be grateful." I heard someone muttered under their breath. I looked aside and saw a mascular arm. This dude is tall. I scanned my eyes from his arm and up to his face, and my eyes widened.

"Cuz!" I gasped.

He glanced down at me. "Excuse me?"

Oops.

"I-I mean, you! What's your name again?" I totally forgot his real name. Honestly, I'm starting to get fond of the name Cuz. It sounds pretty cool, actually.

"Why should I tell you, a stranger, my name?"

He really likes to get on my nerves. I stomped my foot and huffed. "I also don't need a stranger to order the same drink as me." I muttered.

"Excuse me but cappuccino is mine in the first place."

How dare he offended me!

"Cappuccino is my favourite drink and is only mine. Back off."

"I like it since I was 15."

"Well, I love it since I was 10!" I said by pressing the word love.

"Who the heck drink cappuccino when they are still, only a toddler?" He looked at me in disbelief.

"I said I was 10, not like..3."

"Dear customers, there's no need to argue because we have lots for all of the customers." The counter guy interrupted us.

Me and Cuz averted our eyes from each other and shot a death glare at him. He raised his eyebrows and put his hands up in defense.

I got my attention back to Cuz. I pointed my fore finger at him and warned, "this discussion isn't done yet." I took my drink and went out of the shop, but not before I heard him mumble, "Crazy woman".

***

Lucas!

That is his name. I asked Cara about it. But it's not like I'm gonna stop from calling him Cuz. *evil laugh*

"Why are you suddenly asking about hi-" before she could finish her words, she gasped. "Don't tell me you like him."

"What?! No!" I looked at her in disgust.

She put her pinky finger on my lips. "Shh shh shh. I know you, my best friend. Here, let me tell you all about him."

I sighed. "You don't ha-"

"His name is Lucas William, son of Xavier William, the CEO of Williams Co. He is 21 years old. He will be replacing his father's position soon, after his 22nd birthday which is on the 15th July. Why does he choose this age? I don't know either. But what I do know is that he is not your typical hot playboy. He likes to keep everything to himself and it is very hard to make him open up to you. You need to be fully trusted by him, then he will tell you literally everything about him. Zero experience in relationship. Was a nerd but when puberty hits him, fwoosh! A whole new person plus hotter than ever." She ended while she smirked.

"Wait, so, is he rich or what?" I asked.

"Hm, you could say so. I mean, his father owns most of the companies in New York."

Oh well. What can I say? I live in the Wattpad World.

I nodded my head and took a sip of the drink I bought earlier this day.

All of a sudden, Cara clasped her hands together. "I just remembered something."

"What's that?"

"Tonight, one of Brian's friend is throwing a party and he wants us to-"

"NOT. Going."

"Pretty please?" She gave me the infamous puppy eyes.

"You know only Brian can fall for that right?" I asked her knowingly.

She sighed and pouted. But we all know that Cara is not someone who gives up easily. She turned to me once again. "Lucas is going." She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I gave her my bored look. "So?"

She stared at me for what felt like hours and huffed. "I thought you like him."

"And I thought I told you I don't."

After I won the argument, Cara left my home feeling devastated. I was doing my assignment when suddenly my phone went off. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was my mom who's calling me.

"Hey mom."

"Hey my darling. How are you?"

"Good. I'm doing my assignment."

I heard her gasp. "Am I interrupting you?"

"No, mom." I giggled. "So, what's up?"

"Why? Can't I call my daughter when I miss her?"

I sighed. "You know that's not what I mean."

"I know sweetheart. And actually, I'm calling you to ask you, when are you coming home?"

I thought for a second before deciding, "This weekend."

"Great! See you then, hun! Don't forget to take your medicines before going to sleep."

"I won't, don't worry." I ended the phone call sighing.

Mom is always reminding me to take my prescription pills but I feel completely fine without them. I don't feel the need to take one so just to assure her, I would take a piece every week.

It's not like it would change anything.