Epilogue

Third person's POV

4 years later

It is 12 in the afternoon and it seems that people who work in the offices are all rushing out to get lunch so they could fill their empty stomach. Among these sea of people is Rosette.

Rosette is a successful businesswoman who already has her own company in the early age of 23 years old. Now, she is 26 years old and her company is getting more and more recognition as each day passes by. Growing up, she had a hard time in surviving even though her family is quite well known in the business world.

Her dad passed away when she was in her teenage years. Some rumors said that he was murdered by a jealous acquaintance of his. Since the tragedy, her mom, Lily had taken over the job as the CEO to fill her late husband's place. She took care of the company and her daughter at the same time and for a woman, that is surely a tough job.

Rosette felt sorry for her mom and so she studied very hard so she could help her with the company. And thanks to that, she had succeeded in completing all of her studies at the age of 20. After that, she took 2 years in doing a practical job at their company. Working in the office is hard, she concluded, but she would do anything to lessen her mom's burdens.

As Rosette was walking on the side of the street towards her usual place in having lunch, she caught a glimpse of someone who's doing the same but in an opposite direction. He was looking down at his phone. He looks familiar, she thought, and as she observed more, she could finally recognize him. It was her first love and childhood friend, Lucas William.

It's true that she had a crush on him during their school days. That one she couldn't deny. But it was only a crush, she thought, nothing more. But one night, when she bumped into him at a party– who is she kidding, it was his party–, suddenly all of the old feelings came rushing back. The sight of him made her fell head over hill for him all over again. But to her dismay, he had a company, a beautiful one at that.

She isn't fond of ruining other people's relationships, so she decided to back off.

She was contemplating whether or not she should call him out. It would be rude if she doesn't, but yet again, it wouldn't be if he doesn't take a notice of her. So she decided to just pass by.

But right after she nodded her head to herself in confirmation, Lucas looked up from his phone and their eyes met. Her eyes widened in shock, she didn't expect that. Lucas' eyes did the same, but it was a happy shock– if that makes sense, not the one that she felt.

Soon, he grinned and waved his hand at her, making her heart skipped a beat. Might as well, she thought, and responded to him with the same action.

They both walked up to each other and after they've reached, both of them stopped and laughed at nothing.

"What a coincidence." Lucas commented.

Rosette nodded her head, "Indeed it is."

"Where are you coming from?"

"Oh, I was just at the office," she pointed out her thumb at the direction of her company, "I'm going to grab a lunch now. How about you?"

"I just got done with a lunch meeting."

"So you had an early lunch, huh?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Seems so. Are you alone? Where are your friends?"

"My friend is having a lunch date with her fiancé, so I'm alone." She cringed at herself right after she said that. Why did I have to make it seems like I need a company, she scolded herself.

Lucas raised his eyebrows, "Oh! I should accompany you then."

This is what she's been dreading. She hates to ask anyone to do something for her. It's just not her style. "No no, it's okay, really."

He chuckled and stepped aside before opening his hand forward as if to tell her to go on. "I insist. Come on. You must be hungry."

She sighed and just not to be rude, obliged. They walked together side by side until the familiar restaurant came in her view. She smiled slightly at the thought of filling her growling tummy.

"McDonald's? Seriously?" Lucas questioned, making her smirk before stepping into it. At the corner of her eyes, she saw him shaking his head and then muttered something in the line of "never change". Her cheeks heated up a little at that.

***

After they were done eating, they decided to stay a little longer to catch up. Lucas apologized to her for not keeping his words, that is to catch up the day after the event.

"It's okay. I know you're a busy man." Rosette assured him.

He shook his head, "It's not that. It's not about work." He said, as if wanting to say more but held himself back.

She frowned at this, not liking it as she began to see him restless. She tapped his hand twice to get his attention, "Hey, it's okay. Whatever the reason it is, it's fine. But if you want to tell me, I'm all ears." She smiled in assurance as he looked at her with his still stern looking face.

His body relaxed a little after hearing this. To him, she's still like his older sister that he could never have. All of a sudden, he remembered back to all those times when he talked to her about almost everything that's going on in his life.

So why not tell her about this too? He thought. And with that, he told her everything. Everything about this girl that he still adores so much. His light. His soulmate. His love. His Victoria.

After listening to the story, Rosette couldn't help but cry. Cry for his sadness, cry for the girl, cry for her suffering, cry for his loss, cry for their love that can never be completed and cry for him.

She has always been an emotional girl. She has always cried over the smallest things. And seeing that this story is the completely opposite of small, she cried even more than she should have.

Lucas cried along with her, as he too hasn't fully moved on from the past.

After a while, Rosette decided to look at the time and to her surprise, it was way pass lunch time. They were too busy with their story telling and crying, that the world around them didn't seem to exist anymore.

So with that, they decided to part ways without making another empty promise. Lucas to his office and Rosette to hers.

Destiny will know when it's time for them to meet again, she thought as she walks alone down the road filled with busy people and fast-moving vehicles.