Chapter 11-The bladed elemental swords

Third person pov

Sensei Wu walked into the bounty's command room with Kai behind him. The others were all worse for wear then they were but it was expected when they had to fight the Beastors. Kai spoke. "What happened, did you guys not succeed?" The shaking of heads answering his question, Kai looks on as Wu then speaks. "We must destroy the claw, but the only place capable of doing so is the Dark Island. So we must head there, to the temple of light." The group nod as they all head to their rooms for some well needed rest.

Kai awoke early the next morning. Standing atop the bounty as it floated along the waters heading to the dark island. As he stood. He thought about the things Wu had told him when they secured the claw. Inner peace, balance between light and dark. What did it all mean? It was a question Kai had been asking himself since they returned. Being deep in thought, Kai failed to notice Skylor walk over and stand next to him. Kai being alerted to her presence when she broke the silence. "You're up early Kai?" Kai nods while staring out over the water. Skylor notices the expression on his face. "Is something up Kai? You're staring out over the sea and into an abyss." Kai turns to see the concern spread across her face. He knows he couldn't keep many secrets from her. Kai sighed heavily as he began to explain his situation.

When Kai finished explaining, Skylor nodded before acknowledging his situation. "I can see why you'd be staring out over the sea then, but remember, we all face things that can be hard to overcome, and right now. You've got the figure out what Sensei means by inner peace and balance between light and dark." Kai looks back out over the blue sea. Seeing landmass ahead. "I don't know I'll be able to understand what Sensei's talking about. He speaks in riddles most of the time, much like prophecies do. Whether or not I'll be able to decipher his code is unknown to me." As Kai finished. Skylor nodded before placing a hand on his shoulder. "Remember, I'm here if you need advice or help" Skylor then leaves. Leaving Kai to his thoughts again.

Bronze Lion enters into a chamber. The chamber was lined with the colours related to the elements. The floor being made up of the primary elemental colours while the walls belonged to the secondary. On the far side, all but one of the claws were in place. Bronze Lion narrowed his eyes as he looked where the last claw should be. "The claw of creation and destruction, where is it?" Barked Bronze Lion, his tone indicating that he wanted answers fast. "We went to the grave of the first spinjitzu master, but the claw was gone when we arrived. We believe the ninja have already gotten hold of it and are on there way to the temple of light to destroy now" Bronze Lion was fast to turn, speaking quickly, his tone indicating sarcasm and pride. "Clever ninja, but no matter. We shall simply reclaim the weapon. Prepare the Eaglecopters for take off, we shall arrive there in a matter of seconds" The soldier bows before leaving to ensure that the preparations were completed quickly. Bronze Lion smiled as he looked back at the rack holding the claws. Behind it was a large door. On the door were the symbols of the elements. Each lined to make the image of a large beast like creature.

As the ninja entered the temple of light. Lloyd was the first to speak. "So, where do we destroy the claw then?" Wu walked forward before he stopped and looked over at the golden mech. Retrieved and returned to its former glory. "We begins with the elements that you control. Focus them onto the claw. Once done, I will bring the golden mechs sword down upon the claw, destroying it." The ninja nod as they all move to a place. As they start firing their elemental energy upon the claw. They hear the sound of the Eaglecopters approaching. Stopping fast. They look to the entrance to see Bronze Lion standing tall. Behind him were several men. "Grab the claw and return to the temple" The ninja move behind the claw, ready to defend it. Several Mole mechs walk in. Wu notices them and begins to pilot the golden mech. Proving that such a mech, even created by the genius engineers of the mole clan. Are no match for a mech controlled by one of the first elements to exist in Ninjago. Bronze Lion watches from a distance before he slams his staff down. Becoming one large flame. Bronze Lion moves fast. Grabbing the claw from Cole's hands before heading outside. Slamming his staff down again. Bronze Lion steps onto the Eaglecopter and takes off. Heading back to summon the Grand Beast.

The ninja look on as the Beastors retreat. Jay finally breaking the silence after a few minutes. "We just lost the last claw to them, what do we do now?" His voice was full of panic and the others could clearly tell. Nya being the one to calm him down. Wu, still in the mech, speaks. "There is still a way to win this, but Kai must know his inner peace to reveal the weapons to help us." Kai looks around before he closes his eyes. The fate of Ninjago resting on his shoulders, Kai dives in deeper. Old memories resurfacing as he dives deeper. His parents, Nya becoming the master of water, Nya being Samurai X. Meeting Skylor for the first time. Seeing her again before the tournament of elements, the betrayal of the others to Chen. Finding peace in his mind. Rejoining the others to fight the Beastors in the events that led up to this point in time. Kai opens his eyes. He knows what he must do. Stepping forward, he places a hand on the symbol of fire. Channeling his energy. Kai lets it flow into the symbol. The others watch in awe as the temple lights up. His elemental energy helping the powers within to reveal the weapons needed. Falling to the ground, Skylor rushes over to him, helping him up. Jay then speaks. "How come we never did that the first time we were here?" "Because, if you did, then the future would've changed. Lessons that were to be learnt would never have been learnt, and fates would've changed." Answered Sensei Wu. The ninja nod as they grab a hold of a gold hilt. One side with a blade like guard while the main blade itself was formed from the element of the user. As the ninja held the blades. Kai looked over it before he thought. "Um, we need to get back fast, or else Ninjago will already be in grave danger." "Not to mention, they still have my father" The ninja nod as they look over to Wu. "Go, I will follow shortly. I need to gather a few things while I'm here." With another nod. The ninja head out. Ready to save Ninjago again...