✧::hyūga neji x shy!reader

Never thought I would be making this...well, I do think he's...you know...

Luciana: handsome?

Akamai: tch. I'm much more handsome than him.

Author & Luciana: Right...

Oh well on to the story its ninja time!!

Akamai: nin-nin!

(ㄒoㄒ)

Third Person P.O.V.

You and Neji know each other since kids but never really spoke to each other. You never really got the courage to speak to him, and if you wanted to, there wouldn't be a time for you to do so. The boy himself was busy and preferred to keep distance from other people. Because of that you thought that you never had a chance. Neji was the type of person who wants to be perfect and stronger since the day his father was announced dead, changing him drastically. He became a stranger--someone you no longer knew anymore. It didn't help that he was also one of the popular people in the academy.

Hinata, Neji's cousin, is a good soul that always encourages you to confess your feeling to him. She always tells you to move away from those negative thoughts around your head, in which you cannot do.

[F/N] P.O.V.

I was walking through the hallway of the academy, making my way through class, because I didn't want to be late.

Once I've arrived in the classroom everyone greeted me and I saw Neji sitting on the corner looking through the window, on the seat where I always sit on.

Weird, I thought Neji always sits in front... why at the back now? You were lost in your train of thought until one girl bumped into you by accident, causing for you to fall. Everything was like in slowmotion. You shut your eyes, ready for an impact when you felt that you suddenly stopped. Confused, you opened your eyes seeing there's an arm wrap around your waist, the girl who bump into you looking shocked, and a Hinata who was already on her desk, look bright red and surprised while looking at something behinf you.

You follow her gaze and turned around wondering who caught you when you fall, you were surprised that the one who caught you was Neji, looking calm an poised as ever.

Holy shi--!

You pulled away from his grasp, making him a bit frown at your actions, which you didn't see.

"Guh, I mean, t-thank you so much for catching me..." You say and bow down to him in an attempt to hide your furious blush.

From your peripheral vision you see him give a smile, the one that you haven't seen in years. You turn even more red, in which he chuckles at your reaction on covering it.

"Your welcome, just be careful next time okay, [N/N]?" he said and proceeded to ruffle your hair a little bit and going back to his original seat in the front now, to your relief.

As you return to your seat, you can't help but notice that he called you by your nickname when the both of you were little. You blush even harder and force yourself to forget until class begins.

The bell rang in which that it's now time for lunch you grab your bento in your bag and you ate it silently. You were enjoying your moment of silence till one of your best friends sit next to you with a huge grin.

"So [F/N] how's it like to be in the hands of your one and only crush?" Sakura told you, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh, shut up now Sakura, don't just go tease [F/N] like that," Ino, your other best friend told the pink haired girl.

"Oh come on now, we know you saw how Neji came to the rescue for [F/N]," Sakura said looking at you. "So...?"

"Come on you guys, I don't wanna talk about it," you said covering your bright red face.

"Don't be a party pooper [F/N], I always knew that you and Neji would be great together and all," Sakura said with a grin. "If you get older, invite us to your wedding as bridesmaids, OK?"

"I agree, so just confess to him already," Ino said, grinning too.

"I don't know he might just reject me," you said, sighing. Well, it's not like you tried, but the probability of being rejected was high.

"Oh don't be so negative [F/N] I'm sure he'll accept you, this is Neji we're talking about, your childhood friend who you know better than us." Ino replied, trying to help you out.

"But I just don't seem to have the courage to do it..."

"[F/N] don't be so negative about your feelings about Neji, you know that he's a great guy... wait I know let's practice you saying 'I love you' to Neji, 'cause he might be stolen by the other girls you know so what do you say!"

"Yeah great idea, Sakura," Ino said looking at you at to her. "Finally something good came out of your brain."

"What was that?!"

You were thinking of what to say to the girls when you just blurted out, "I love you Neji!"

You then realize what you said and covered your mouth with yet another blush appearing on your face, meanwhile the girls cheered for your actions, deciding that you had actually had the courage to do it. You guys just continue chatting, not knowing that someone is eavesdropping at your conversation.

• • •

You were the only ones left at the classroom. You were currently organizing your stuff before going home when you suddenly heard someone opening the door. You didn't bother to look back, for you thought it was the staff cleaning the classroom, when suddenly the unknown person grabs your waist pulling you closer to the stranger. Caught off guard, you struggled to escape the stranger's grasp when the mysterious person finally spoke to you.

"I want to reply to your confession."

You then realize who's voice it is and turned around to look at the voice when a pair of lips collided to yours. Your eyes widen, the pace of your heartbeat getting faster, but you return the kiss tenfold. Once done, the both of you pull out grasping for air. You look up to meet with pale, lavender eyes.

"Neji. . . " you say out loud, redder than ever, and cover your mouth thinking of what you just said, he just hums when you called out for his name, "why. . . .?"

"I'm not really good at confession but I'll say this once, [F/N] I love you" he said to you straight in the eye in which you replied "I love you too" "I'm glad, 'cause I won't be accepting 'no' as an answer" he said then hugs you pulling yourself to his chest you then tense up but just let it go. You then suddenly ask him a question "Why did you said that yours replying to my confession when I haven't even confessed to you yet" "I have my sources" he replied smiling at you with a little smirk "Now that makes me a little curious, but I'll let it go for now" he just chuckles at your response.

Welp, I guess that's long.

Luciana: Yeah that's long I guess

Akamai: not bad Author-chan

Thanks, Akamai

Akamai: no problem

Hey! try asking for request on the request page you guys! Don't be shy!!

-Luciana_chan7💞